Bsa ultra mmc magazines ?

Hi lads .. so having lost my perm a good 4 years ago due to circumstances Way out my control ..  I havnt shot my old bsa ultra mmc for a good 3 years . Anyway long story short I have an amazing opportunity to play splat the rat for a local farmer 😍😍

only problem is I can only find one of my .22 mags ... 

the question is . Do the “new version” .22 ultra mags fit A 8 year old MMC  ??
i can get new one of tinterweb for about £40 delivered but can’t find old style Or does anyone have any for sale 

thanks in advance SS 👍👍

There are a few different incarnations of the bsa mag over the years. 

The one you want is the first generation red drum mag .its identified  by its shiny  red drum and has a small cut out in the plastic housing for the mmc mag indexer to lift into when its cooked. 

Or  you can remove this mag indexing pin and use the latest red drum mag (a dark dull red colour ) and it will be fine .

4 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

There are a few different incarnations of the bsa mag over the years. 

The one you want is the first generation red drum mag .its identified  by its shiny  red drum and has a small cut out in the plastic housing for the mmc mag indexer to lift into when its cooked. 

Or  you can remove this mag indexing pin and use the latest red drum mag (a dark dull red colour ) and it will be fine .

LEGEND ! So if I buy this one and file this off it should be all gravy ?  

2D0D44FA-CECF-4C28-840B-383BEA59E930.jpeg

DONT FILE THAT OFF .

Thats the mag locating pin. 

The mag indexing pin is part of the gun 

Its metal and rises up out of the gun into the magazine from below and pushes a small silver tab on the mag that makes it go round to the next chamber (on the old silver drum mags designed for the mmc guns .) 

Hold on will try find some images .

So the silver original  mag  see image has a cut out with a silver tab in side it .the indexing pin rises to push it .

The shiny red mag has the cut out to allow for your pin to lift into (but doesn't need it for the mag to rotate (this is your easiest option .) 

The dull red mag has no cut out at all and requires the indexing pin to be removed other wise it will jab in to your  magazine and stop the trigger from working .

Screenshot_20210310-165052_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20210310-165028_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20210310-165121_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20210310-164949_Google.jpg

No 47 indexing pin .

20210310_165900.jpg

On 10/03/2021 at 16:48, Ultrastu said:

DONT FILE THAT OFF .

Thats the mag locating pin. 

The mag indexing pin is part of the gun 

Its metal and rises up out of the gun into the magazine from below and pushes a small silver tab on the mag that makes it go round to the next chamber (on the old silver drum mags designed for the mmc guns .) 

Hold on will try find some images .

Thanks mate appreciate all that info 👍👍👍

SS