Another threatening letter

Walker570

1 hour ago, ehb102 said:

πŸ˜„Β It's for *ladies*, not for ordinary women. Basically if it's at all fun or interesting, a lady probably shouldn't be seen doing it.Β 

Interestingly, no one ever seems to mind that the Esquire was dropped and all men are now addressed as Mr. Men now have equality of address. Women are still addressed in relation to a man. I'd go and earn a Dr title on principle if I were clever enough.Β 

That'll do it . The teatime (sorry , dinner) conversation will start with . Well Liz reckons you're too common to be a lady anyway πŸ˜…, that'll have her spitting her Guinness all over the table πŸ˜….

I'd never even considered the Esquire thing , maybe it's my age , or , upbringing,Β  or the area that I was brought up in . Lin is of the same mind as me , the only thing of importance to us , is that people are polite.

Im sure that youre intelligent enough to earn the title of dr , but ,dr liz would make you sound like an American chat show host. That discusses embarrassing illnesses. πŸ‘.

Β 

Β 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

That'll do it . The teatime (sorry , dinner) conversation will start with . Well Liz reckons you're too common to be a lady anyway πŸ˜…, that'll have her spitting her Guinness all over the table πŸ˜….

I'd never even considered the Esquire thing , maybe it's my age , or , upbringing,Β  or the area that I was brought up in . Lin is of the same mind as me , the only thing of importance to us , is that people are polite.

Β 

Snigger! Don't you dare drop me in it to Lin.Β 

We never notice the forms of discrimination until they are used against us.Β 

Β 

38 minutes ago, ehb102 said:

Thats an interesting point.
I wonder if women noticed discrimination 100 years ago , 200 , a 1000 years ago ?

Indeed some cultures ( I wont name names) discriminate against women still , today in the 21 st century ?
Do they notice, and just keep quiet , or just accept it as the order of things ?

Its strange that now cultures mix fairly freely, and the internet has bought knowledge into most homes, the idea that discrimination towards women cannot be unknown, so it must be 'accepted' ?
We all are aware of countries like Saudi Arabia , with their poor record on womens rights, but would it surprise you to discover that a modern liberal country like Switzerland onlyΒ  'allowed' women to vote in 1971 ?

25 minutes ago, ehb102 said:

Snigger! Don't you dare drop me in it to Lin.Β 

Β 

fortunately for me , lin never pays the slightest attention to anything that i sayΒ :hmm:.

to be honest , i do notice discrimination when i see it , i just dont really see much of it(but maybe i dont notice subtle discrimination) . ive spent most of my adult life mixing with binmen and doormen . neither group are very tolerant of discrimination, and both groups are very quick to voice an opinion if they see it(especially the female doormen:innocent:). the main discrimination ive suffered is because im fat , i have aΒ default reply , its , why dont you go xxxx yourself you xxxxxxx xxxxx , and its never failed to wipe a smug grin of a face yetΒ :D. lin is not what youd call shy either when she shes discrimination , she isnt quite as polite as me at dealing with it thoughΒ :yes:.

12 minutes ago, old man said:

Come on, whats's wrong withΒ hello Bab?

all of us council staff , had to hurriedly attend a diversity course a few years ago (somebody had obviously badly offended someone else) . one of the things talked about was local terms , and being very careful when you use them . the one that stuck in my head was wench , id never heard it used any way except in a very friendly way , "warro ar wench " or "oright wench" , but the folks running the course , explained that wench can be quite an insult in some parts of the country.

i chuckle at the dudley guys that i work with , they refer to their wives as "ar uman " .

41 minutes ago, old man said:

Come on, whats's wrong withΒ hello Bab?

Nothing at all.Β Β  But Babs JaneΒ  Doe on an official letter or any letter for that matter would be incorrect.Β Β  If we do not keep to certain standards then where do we all end up.

I still defer to or open a door for a female and I am pleased to say I uually get a nice smile and a thank you.Β  I usually remarke, "No problem, there are still some of us about".

Occasionally but very occasionally I get just a stony stare usually from a definite Ms.

31 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

all of us council staff , had to hurriedly attend a diversity course a few years ago (somebody had obviously badly offended someone else) . one of the things talked about was local terms , and being very careful when you use them . the one that stuck in my head was wench , id never heard it used any way except in a very friendly way , "warro ar wench " or "oright wench" , but the folks running the course , explained that wench can be quite an insult in some parts of the country.

i chuckle at the dudley guys that i work with , they refer to their wives as "ar uman " .

"Bostin wench too?"

Β 

8 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Nothing at all.Β Β  But Babs JaneΒ  Doe on an official letter or any letter for that matter would be incorrect.Β Β  If we do not keep to certain standards then where do we all end up.

I still defer to or open a door for a female and I am pleased to say I uually get a nice smile and a thank you.Β  I usually remarke, "No problem, there are still some of us about".

Occasionally but very occasionally I get just a stony stare usually from a definite Ms.

Me too, I also ignore negative responses.

1 hour ago, old man said:

"Bostin wench too?"

Β 

Me too, I also ignore negative responses.

That's it ." Ers a bostin wench er is" ,Β is a big compliment in the Black CountryΒ  .Β 

A guy I work with is from Surrey,Β  and he calls women "babe" . I found that very uncomfortable,Β  because if you called a woman babe , you were trying your best to have sex with herπŸ˜†.Β 

Thinking again about the Dudley folks that I work with . Many women refer to their husband as " the ode mon " πŸ˜….

I'm with nev on holding doors open,Β  but I'll hold them open for anyone . Many a time I've stood there like a knob , holding a shop door open as ten people have trundled past , without saying thank you. It just feels so wrong to let it close in someone's face.

17 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

That's it ." Ers a bostin wench er is" ,Β is a big compliment in the Black CountryΒ  .Β 

A guy I work with is from Surrey,Β  and he calls women "babe" . I found that very uncomfortable,Β  because if you called a woman babe , you were trying your best to have sex with herπŸ˜†.Β 

Thinking again about the Dudley folks that I work with . Many women refer to their husband as " the ode mon " πŸ˜….

I'm with nev on holding doors open,Β  but I'll hold them open for anyone . Many a time I've stood there like a knob , holding a shop door open as ten people have trundled past , without saying thank you. It just feels so wrong to let it close in someone's face.

Ah, tekkin yer wench for a walk up the cut?

15 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Thats an interesting point.
I wonder if women noticed discrimination 100 years ago , 200 , a 1000 years ago ?

Indeed some cultures ( I wont name names) discriminate against women still , today in the 21 st century ?
Do they notice, and just keep quiet , or just accept it as the order of things ?

Its strange that now cultures mix fairly freely, and the internet has bought knowledge into most homes, the idea that discrimination towards women cannot be unknown, so it must be 'accepted' ?
We all are aware of countries like Saudi Arabia , with their poor record on womens rights, but would it surprise you to discover that a modern liberal country like Switzerland onlyΒ  'allowed' women to vote in 1971 ?

Hell, yes they did. I refer you the writing of Mary Wollstonecraft. And the women of Iran had freedom and lost it when the fundamentalists came to power. But if you speak up you are imprisoned, beaten, raped. Pretty much the same everywhere really.Β 

17 hours ago, Rewulf said:

but would it surprise you to discover that a modern liberal country like Switzerland onlyΒ  'allowed' women to vote in 1971 ?

I could 'mansplain' to you why this happened - Switzerland is a direct democracy, so giving women the vote relied on a referendum, which meant men would have to vote to give women the vote, so it took a while for the societal shift to occur to tip the electoral scales in that direction.Β  But yes, my Swiss mother, born in 1950, grew up only knowing her father vote until she was 21

By the way, the Canton of Appenzell Innerrhoden successfully resisted universal suffrage for local election/referenda until 1990!Β  Mind you, that's the kind of place where they vote by gathering the men of the village and drawing their swords....they also eat dogs so it's not all good.

And having lived in SwitzerlandΒ for 7 years, I can tell you, 'liberal' isn't the word I'd use to describe the place.

Β 

3 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Mind you, that's the kind of place where they vote by gathering the men of the village and drawing their swords....they also eat dogs so it's not all good.

Β 

Why is eatingΒ dogs bad?

is it just the list of things we eat in this country that are ok?

are french foods like snail, frogs legs and horse ok?

what about whales?

or is it just things you consider pets, so Chileans eating guinea pigs would be bad?

where is the line drawn? Baby animals? Lamb, veal, suckler pig?

1 minute ago, southeastpete said:

Indeed.

You first with the Hunnnngwurscht (dog sausage).Β  Thought so.

Apart from the whole not eating carnivores thing (or do you roast the foxes you shoot for Sunday lunch?)

My Hungarian ex was quite used to eating their pet rabbits growing up - made her an expert bunny skinner.

Most of main land Europe embraces horse meat.

As for eating whales, assuming you manage their numbers and can despatch them humanely - why on earth not?Β  Never understood this

So yes, I've eaten more 'whatjamacarcass' meat than the average person.Β  I'll try anything once (except for morris dancing and *******).Β  Still won't be eating Fido if offered.

8 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Indeed.

You first with the Hunnnngwurscht (dog sausage).Β  Thought so.

Apart from the whole not eating carnivores thing (or do you roast the foxes you shoot for Sunday lunch?)

My Hungarian ex was quite used to eating their pet rabbits growing up - made her an expert bunny skinner.

Most of main land Europe embraces horse meat.

As for eating whales, assuming you manage their numbers and can despatch them humanely - why on earth not?Β  Never understood this

So yes, I've eaten more 'whatjamacarcass' meat than the average person.Β  I'll try anything once (except for morris dancing and *******).Β  Still won't be eating Fido if offered.

That’s absolutely fair enough, just seemed you were willing to class a country as bad due to their dietary choices.

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Switzerland is a direct democracy, so giving women the vote relied on a referendum,

Much as I agree with most of what you say, you cant really call a country a democracy, when half of its population are barred from voting ?

Β 

3 hours ago, ehb102 said:

Hell, yes they did. I refer you the writing of Mary Wollstonecraft. And the women of Iran had freedom and lost it when the fundamentalists came to power. But if you speak up you are imprisoned, beaten, raped. Pretty much the same everywhere really.Β 

Wollstonecraft was hardly a typical woman of her time ?

Iran , good example of when a religion takes over from common sense.

But to say women who speak up are persecuted ect, is not something that happens 'everywhere'
Rather more an example of a backwards medieval culture/religion ?

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Much as I agree with most of what you say, you cant really call a country a democracy, when half of its population are barred from voting ?

Β 

Wollstonecraft was hardly a typical woman of her time ?

Iran , good example of when a religion takes over from common sense.

But to say women who speak up are persecuted ect, is not something that happens 'everywhere'
Rather more an example of a backwards medieval culture/religion ?

That's utter rubbish. Right now Alison Bailey is fighting a court case because she, a black lesbian barrister, was sacked from her chambers because Stonewall didn't like what she tweeted, basicallyΒ  that men are not women. The judge reviewing the case called Stonewall's claims "outrageous".Β  Maya Forstater "didn't have her contracted renewed" which is the modern form of sacking with impunity because she also said gender critical things. Women who say that men in dresses are not women and shouldn't be in women's spaces are losing their jobs. I had a client with massive PTSD after she was trapped in a room with men banging on the windows yelling threats because she dared to host a high profile meeting for women to talk about how proposed changes to the law would affect them and the Police refused to do anything even when the verbal threats were specific and escalating. Helen Watts was sacked from the Girl Guides for raising safe guarding concerns about their new gender identity policy. The Tavistock Clinic fired and bullied out numerous whistle blowers concerned about the children being drugged and mutilated. JK Rowling wrote a brave letter saying that women sometimes need women only spaces to heal from male violence and she has been receiving all kinds of vile threats up to and including death threats. Professor Selina Todd has security details because of the death threats that started after she said men aren't women. All this is off the top of my head and proves that what I say is correct, that women are persecuted even today when they speak up.Β 

If you need to hear it from a man before you believe it you can read it all on Graham Lineham's website:Β https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/

Oh, and in addition because I say that SCAM (surgically/chemically altered men) are NOT WOMEN and that trans women are trans women NOT WOMEN the Police might come and visit me to "check my thinking" and record a "Non Crime Hate Incident" against me.Β 

1 hour ago, ehb102 said:

That's utter rubbish. Right now Alison Bailey is fighting a court case because she, a black lesbian barrister, was sacked from her chambers because Stonewall didn't like what she tweeted ^snip^

Errr, hang on a minute, besides that not actually being a women's rights issue, she isn't in prison being abused and raped for speaking up is she ?

I agree the case is disgusting ,and I fully agree that wokist gender policy is ridiculous, but that could just as easily happen to a man , so it's not the same.

8 hours ago, southeastpete said:

Why is eatingΒ dogs bad?

is it just the list of things we eat in this country that are ok?

are french foods like snail, frogs legs and horse ok?

what about whales?

or is it just things you consider pets, so Chileans eating guinea pigs would be bad?

Eating dogs is plain wrong, all the animals you list are wild species or animals bred for slaughter. Dogs evolved from wolves as companions, hunting partners and man's best friend, not as a food source.Β 

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Errr, hang on a minute, besides that not actually being a women's rights issue, she isn't in prison being abused and raped for speaking up is she ?

I agree the case is disgusting ,and I fully agree that wokist gender policy is ridiculous, but that could just as easily happen to a man , so it's not the same.

So what are you saying now? It doesn't count unless it involves rape and physical violence? Thanks for clearing that up.Β 

I'm not going to respond to this any more because I don't think there is genuine concern for women or interest in understanding, only a desire to prove that I'm wrong, women have it worse than men.

1 minute ago, ehb102 said:

So what are you saying now? It doesn't count unless it involves rape and physical violence? Thanks for clearing that up.Β 

I'm not going to respond to this any more because I don't think there is genuine concern for women or interest in understanding, only a desire to prove that I'm wrong, women have it worse than men.

What planet are you on!Β 

There are some countries with appalling human and women's rights records.Β 

Thankfully the UK isn't one of them, at least not in recent times. I don't think women are being routinely raped in our prisons.Β