Cheap Chinese PCP Air rifle pumps and the connecting fittings , for filling probes , any problems ?

oldypigeonpopper

1 hour ago, oscarsdad said:

Doesn’t have a female fitting for a bsa probe other than directly into the base of the pump itself. The whip is not just an extension with the same female end 

Hello, does that mean you cannot use pump yet ? What thread has the BSA  fill probe ?

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

35 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, does that mean you cannot use pump yet ? What thread has the BSA  fill probe ?

Correct - I haven’t measured the thread but believe it’s a standard 1/8” BSP male - which the pump has corresponding female on body but end of whip isn’t. 

1 hour ago, oscarsdad said:

Correct - I haven’t measured the thread but believe it’s a standard 1/8” BSP male - which the pump has corresponding female on body but end of whip isn’t. 

Hello, ok well if you can wait a few days I have found an adapter that will hope fit your BSA 1/8 BSP fill probe, as a note the pump connections fit my SMK 900 probe and seems only Chinese PCPs, but I am sorting out for a FX and Air Arms as well and hope your BSA, cheers

I think they might be a bit hit and miss. I bought one for £17 and it doesn’t work. Got a refund and they told me to keep it. Well, I say it doesn’t work, it does, in a fashion. Eventually it gets up to 100 bar after about five minutes pumping, can’t get it to go any higher than that, so it’s no use for air guns. I could inflate a bike tyre with it.......probably ☹️👎

3 hours ago, Rimfireboy said:

I think they might be a bit hit and miss. I bought one for £17 and it doesn’t work. Got a refund and they told me to keep it. Well, I say it doesn’t work, it does, in a fashion. Eventually it gets up to 100 bar after about five minutes pumping, can’t get it to go any higher than that, so it’s no use for air guns. I could inflate a bike tyre with it.......probably ☹️👎

Which model did you buy ? And what PCP ?

25 minutes ago, Rimfireboy said:

HW100 and the pump was off Amazon 

01B3CC0E-3CB9-47CB-9994-A4F61A6C10E6.jpeg

Hello, ok , I found the Chinese Kwik fit connectors do no fit those sold by best fittings, the thread on the HW fill probe is 1/8 BSP so you may need a metric to BSP adapter, let me know if you cannot fit HW probe, 

49 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, ok , I found the Chinese Kwik fit connectors do no fit those sold by best fittings, the thread on the HW fill probe is 1/8 BSP so you may need a metric to BSP adapter, let me know if you cannot fit HW probe, 

Ive got all the fittings but it won’t pump the gun up to pressure. I’m going to buy one of the new £5 pumps online. They’ve got good reports so worth a try. Thanks for the offer though😁👍

26 minutes ago, Rimfireboy said:

Ive got all the fittings but it won’t pump the gun up to pressure. I’m going to buy one of the new £5 pumps online. They’ve got good reports so worth a try. Thanks for the offer though😁👍

Hello, I just looked on Amazon and cannot see any for sale at that price as I think it was a special offer but if you do can you let me know details, there were many members on the UK AGF who purchased more than required so if you cannot find maybe someone will sell you a spare, 

54 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I just looked on Amazon and cannot see any for sale at that price as I think it was a special offer but if you do can you let me know details, there were many members on the UK AGF who purchased more than required so if you cannot find maybe someone will sell you a spare, 

Ive been offered one for free on another forum. I think they sold out at £5 and they’re back on at £14. Still worth a try though 😁👍

If you want rid of the pump you bought I am looking for one to break for parts and try and fix my hills pump which that one looks like a copy of and might have what I need in there, would be happy to pay for it just let me know. Or if you wanted to take it apart for parts I’m after the final stage tube as mine has rusted. 

• 1 month later...

Hello, thankyou for replies to my post, as I could not sort out connecting fittings to the cheap pump I decided to use only for my SMK PCP 900, and must say it only takes a few minutes to top up , I bought the 900 off a PW member so not a bad bit of kit for less than £200 with pump, 30 shots in 22, if anyone has the same put 2 seals on the fill adapter will line up the air holes as it is made to long, I also fitted a filter on the pump £6, cheers