Hides with a view.

JDog

Jacko made the hundred odd miles round trip to meet me today. We were excited to be going to look at a bean drilling but devastated to find the field had been direct drilled with no beans nor pigeons in sight.

My drive round yesterday resulted in finding a few on rape so we headed there. The 40mph wind prevented us from setting up where we would have liked as we would have been blown to bits so we settled on the shelter of a strip of Larch trees in the same field. We knew we were off the line but it was the only option and it did give us great views of Lincolnshire Wolds, Lincolnshire Marsh, the Humber Estuary, Spurn Point (that was) and into Yorkshire.

It was frustrating to see so many birds following the line two hundred metres away but the odd one peeled off to give us ridiculously exciting sport. None decoyed but swept past on the wind. We did well to pick twenty five pigeons.

998D452B-CE18-4ABB-BC86-7932E9386A73.jpeg

EAA50248-A5B8-420E-8D35-82D2053F43D2.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

What's happened to spurn point?

It is no longer a promontory as the sea breached it. Spurn Point is now an island.

I thought some might be interested in this stone which was engraved to commemorate a rather special drive when the Wolds were full of wild Grey partridge.

7C568762-F4A3-4C26-95A0-CA0172BAB54E.jpeg

11 minutes ago, JDog said:

It is no longer a promontory as the sea breached it. Spurn Point is now an island.

I thought some might be interested in this stone which was engraved to commemorate a rather special drive when the Wolds were full of wild Grey partridge.

7C568762-F4A3-4C26-95A0-CA0172BAB54E.jpeg

Thank ee very much my 'ansum.