Browning ultra xs pro owners,

Lucasnorth

Hi all. 
just bought the above gun and I’m struggling to get the recoil pad off, tiny holes and can’t see what’s required, 

iv a small Allen key for the trigger blade, another for the adjustable comb. One for the barrel weights and a big one for the stock bolt, iv tried the smaller 3 down the holes but there not taking, so either I’m missing the correct Allen key or it’s a screw head, can’t find a thing online of YouTube and iv been looking for well over an hour, so before I start sticking screwdrivers in I thought I’d check with you guys first, 

many thanks, 

lucas. 

25 minutes ago, Lucasnorth said:

Hi all. 
just bought the above gun and I’m struggling to get the recoil pad off, tiny holes and can’t see what’s required, 

iv a small Allen key for the trigger blade, another for the adjustable comb. One for the barrel weights and a big one for the stock bolt, iv tried the smaller 3 down the holes but there not taking, so either I’m missing the correct Allen key or it’s a screw head, can’t find a thing online of YouTube and iv been looking for well over an hour, so before I start sticking screwdrivers in I thought I’d check with you guys first, 

many thanks, 

lucas. 

Recoil pad needs a phillips screwdriver as mentioned stock bolt needs a large cheese head bladed screwdriver.

Can’t believe I didn’t just try a small Philips in it to start with🙈 the holes just looked so small and didn’t want to mess my new gun up, stock weights in now. All full set up and feels great. For the first time ever I may of found a 32” gun that feels right, and there’s been a few that haven’t. 
many thanks all. I don’t know what I’d do without you😄

lucas. 

7 hours ago, Lucasnorth said:

Can’t believe I didn’t just try a small Philips in it to start with🙈 the holes just looked so small and didn’t want to mess my new gun up, stock weights in now. All full set up and feels great. For the first time ever I may of found a 32” gun that feels right, and there’s been a few that haven’t. 
many thanks all. I don’t know what I’d do without you

Every day is a learning day!

If you don't know, ask, someone will know and happily offer the answer.

8 hours ago, BlaserF3 said:

Recoil pad needs a phillips screwdriver as mentioned stock bolt needs a large cheese head bladed screwdriver.

Browning/Miroku have for a number of years been fitting a 5mm Allen key headed bolt instead of the plain screw driver slotted bolt, or with the 13mm hex head. 

17 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

Just pop a bit of lube in ... normally helps with a tight hole.

And not a smiley face in sight😂😂

I’d normally just bang s screwdriver in but with the holes being really slim. Cocktail stick slim. I didn’t want to go with a screwdriver and possibly round off a Allan key hole. And the explosive diagram showed the screws but couldn’t tell if they were actually screws or Allen key. I googled the best lube to use on tight holes. I won’t tell you what it came up with😱😱

20 hours ago, Lucasnorth said:

And not a smiley face in sight😂😂

I’d normally just bang s screwdriver in but with the holes being really slim. Cocktail stick slim. I didn’t want to go with a screwdriver and possibly round off a Allan key hole. And the explosive diagram showed the screws but couldn’t tell if they were actually screws or Allen key. I googled the best lube to use on tight holes. I won’t tell you what it came up with😱😱

Back door oil?