Anyone use a 2 Man Pop Up Hide Tent

Trenta

I was going to purchase one of those pop up umbrella style hides from someone local that has 3 sides. Unfortunately he decided to keep it in the end, although I bought other stuff so wasn`t a wasted trip. I was actually surprised at the size of it as I thought they would be too low. It was the style with the see through top section & I am going to add one to my kit soon, so glad I could see one up close before deciding to buy.

I chose the Tee Pee style because it had windows all round which you could unzip as required. As said, basically useless for flying targets but excellent for ambush jobs on squirrels and deer as well as feathered vermin on pheasant feeders.  The only problem with the Tee Pee is they are a nightmare to get back in the carry bag. I still haven't cracked the way to do it in one go.    If you have the work for one of either then they are good value.  I have had munties walk bye so close I could have reached out and stroked them.

I have an Ameristep Hay bale hide.Great job and no problem with 2 men and a dog plus food,shells etc.

Obviously great for shooting when bales are on the field but have used it at different times of the year and the birds don't pay it any attention.In very windy weather it needs tied down but that is the only drawback.I struggled at first to fold it properly to get it back into the bag but with a little help from YouTube it is now a doddle.

11 hours ago, Longbower said:

I have the TeePee hide, and its brilliant for the rifle for most quarry or even pigeons as they commit to land , with a shotgun.

I have had it ten years , and its been well used, and still going strong.

Do you have a link to the original item and where to purchase?  I appreciate it was 10 years ago, so might not exist anymore

On 16/03/2021 at 10:41, Mullard83 said:

I was going to purchase one of those pop up umbrella style hides from someone local that has 3 sides. Unfortunately he decided to keep it in the end, although I bought other stuff so wasn`t a wasted trip. I was actually surprised at the size of it as I thought they would be too low. It was the style with the see through top section & I am going to add one to my kit soon, so glad I could see one up close before deciding to buy.

have you got a pic or link for this cheers

On 19/03/2021 at 13:53, Daz65 said:

have you got a pic or link for this cheers

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Concealer-Pigeon-Shooting-Hide-Camo-Pop-Up-Quick-Set-Hide-4-Decoying-Decoys-New/193981488610?hash=item2d2a329de2:g:80oAAOSw~W9fByEa

Hopefully done this right otherwise look this item no. up on the bay 

eBay item number:

On 16/03/2021 at 09:08, Trenta said:

Hi there - I am thinking about buying one of these - but wanted to canvas the group first to see if there are any recommendations good or bad about them?  They are about £80 so I dont want to buy one if they are no good.  Thanks in advance!

Pop Up Tent.jpg

This motivated me to get out my Ameristep dog house two man pop up.

tried it on the Crows Sunday. No good for Shot gun but good for rifle.

may set it up again tomorrow but with a net extension to step out from to shoot shotgun.

BTW managed to fold it up first time. 😀