Night fishing with children

lister1

My little girls is 6 yrs and is keen to go camping, she also likes going fish. I thought it might be good to combine the two. I’ve spent many weekends night fishing for carp with my brother, so I have plenty of gear. 

I’m looking for recommendations for a site near to Wisbech, Cambridgeshire. Carp/ tench / typical mixed carp water fishing. Perhaps with reasonable facilities ie a toilet. I’m not worried about catching a record carp, I’d rather be in with a decent chance of catching something. 

5 hours ago, lister1 said:

My little girls is 6 yrs and is keen to go camping, she also likes going fish. I thought it might be good to combine the two. I’ve spent many weekends night fishing for carp with my brother, so I have plenty of gear. 

I’m looking for recommendations for a site near to Wisbech, Cambridgeshire. Carp/ tench / typical mixed carp water fishing. Perhaps with reasonable facilities ie a toilet. I’m not worried about catching a record carp, I’d rather be in with a decent chance of catching something. 

I used to take my Grandson ( when he was a similar age ) to Willowcroft Fisheries  and Pentney Fisheries. Can't remember the name but another one is right hand side of A47 near Weslake ( spelling ) heading towards Lynn 

I used to fish Pentney, it’s now owned by the same people as Willowcroft.

They have so many rules now, I’m not if it’s the best place to take a young child. Willowcroft is about 5 miles down the toad and would be ideal. But I’m not sure they really want youngsters there. I’ll have to call in and ask the question.

Woodlakes I have fished many times but not for a few years, I believe they have stopped night fishing in most of the lakes. Except the old championship lake. I might have to give them a call.