Fuel increase

steve_b_wales

No doubt other's have witnessed the every increasing rise in the price of fuel. 16 days ago, my local ASDA fuel station were charging 112.7p/ltr of Diesel. It gradually increased by a penny or two a week and is now 123:7/ltr. Is this because there is less motorists using their vehicles because of lockdown restrictions? 

10 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

No doubt other's have witnessed the every increasing rise in the price of fuel. 16 days ago, my local ASDA fuel station were charging 112.7p/ltr of Diesel. It gradually increased by a penny or two a week and is now 123:7/ltr. Is this because there is less motorists using their vehicles because of lockdown restrictions? 

Supermarkets round here £126.9.  Shell /esso £131.9.  Gone up around 15p a litre in the last month or so. No idea why. Supposed to be staying at home but there seems to be just as much on the road all day. 

Over the last few weeks I’ve seen a large increase in traffic on the roads. I would therefore say a much higher demand, when demand goes up the prices usually follow suit. During the lockdowns demand will have dropped and prices again follow suit to increase the chance of selling the fuel. I would hazard a guess at the same can be said for crude oil. Just my perspective, I could of course be completely wrong 

3 minutes ago, Spr1985 said:

Over the last few weeks I’ve seen a large increase in traffic on the roads. I would therefore say a much higher demand, when demand goes up the prices usually follow suit. During the lockdowns demand will have dropped and prices again follow suit to increase the chance of selling the fuel. I would hazard a guess at the same can be said for crude oil. Just my perspective, I could of course be completely wrong 

It didn't happen in my area, which has been on lockdown for a long time. Prices continued to rise.

14 hours ago, samboy said:

Glad i've got my bus pass.

Don't need one, I have a mechanically propelled vehicle.

1 hour ago, Robden said:

Talking about buses, any rules about carrying firearms etc on a bus?

Its a public space so I would presume the same as carrying a firearm in public.

On 16/03/2021 at 18:45, London Best said:

(Spit!) I would rather walk than use public transport.

ive just bought a new zimmer frame...........0-5mph in 3 mins............

corners well tho.....took it for a track day on the nuerenberg ring.............lap time was 3 months 4 days 3 hrs 27 mins and 14.5 secs.........

Just now, Walker570 said:

Just topped up my LPG and it had gone from 75 to 85p a litre, yet I stopped off on the A47 between petrborough and Leicester last week and it was 68p a litre. A garage near the M54 was always 10 or 12 p cheaper than anywhere else.  One wonders why such a difference.

Greed!