The Free Church of Country Sports

3 minutes ago, London Best said:

I seriously considered it until someone on here posted that it was populated by a bunch of loonies on Faceache.

Ditto. It’s a great shame really, as this is something I would gladly sign up to. 

Edited by Scully

Just now, steve_b_wales said:

I don't know anything about the 'loonies' who run this website. I think that it's a good idea if it 'could' protect our sport. 

I agree, but I would not want to put my name to be associated with some loony group, especially if they are godbotherers.

56 minutes ago, London Best said:

I agree, but I would not want to put my name to be associated with some loony group, especially if they are godbotherers.

I didn’t see any indication of god botherers ( which would definitely rule me out ) but after reading some bloke ranting about celebrities, claiming that keeping their shooting passions secret was akin to being an anti , I didn’t bother to look further. He simply wasn't interested in the voice of reason who was trying to explain why some would keep it low in their profile. 

1 hour ago, The Heron said:

I saw the word Church and that was me done 

I don’t think there is an actual church that you’re expected to attend! 😀

The idea of shooting becoming a religion is a good one in theory, being that as a religious minority we would be entitled to practice our religion without interference or prejudice. 

31 minutes ago, Scully said:

I don’t think there is an actual church that you’re expected to attend! 😀

The idea of shooting becoming a religion is a good one in theory, being that as a religious minority we would be entitled to practice our religion without interference or prejudice. 

Have heard that if they get 8000+ on the census it has to be counted as a religion which then gives it the protection you mention 

9 hours ago, henry d said:

Question for everyone who wants to join; have you found God in the spirit of At Hubertus? If not and you sign up are you really that shallow? If you have then @Zapp @Teal and the admins please close this thread as per forum rules.

It’s only perceived as shallow if you believe in that sort of thing, which I don’t. Joining an organisation which suits your needs and benefits your agenda is something humankind has been doing for as long as there have been humans. A bit like freemasonry, but without the candles.  🙂

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

It’s only perceived as shallow if you believe in that sort of thing, which I don’t. Joining an organisation which suits your needs and benefits your agenda is something humankind has been doing for as long as there have been humans. A bit like freemasonry, but without the candles.  🙂

This.  Regarding the St Hubertus crowd, I was once invited to one of their meetings with a view to joining. Never met a more self centred unwelcoming bunch in all my life. I didn't join.

1 minute ago, Rim Fire said:

I know lots of people who have joined and they are proper shooting hunting fishing all sorts of like minded people no loonies involved everyday people 

Looks like people are judging it befor they reading it 

I’ll give it a whirl then come census time. Nothing to lose I suppose. 

Any thing that gives us numbers and a voice can't be a bad thing. If they swing it as a religion and it offers some sort of protection to our way of life again good. It is a fact we are going to lose our way of life it is just a matter of when. Who would thought a few years ago you would have justify why you shoot a pigeon or a bloody rook is out of bounds here in wales.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

A sham then? I'm sure that the government will look on it favourably just like the Jedis