The Free Church of Country Sports

3 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

Assuming its not a joke (getting near April 1st) , I can't see what benefits a "Church" or "Religion" thinks it has defending shooting over say, BASC , CA, etc.
I can't imagine anybody taking it seriously.

Well the Government certainly will not!

6 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

Assuming its not a joke (getting near April 1st) , I can't see what benefits a "Church" or "Religion" thinks it has defending shooting over say, BASC , CA, etc.

they can’t do any worse the orgs cause nothing but negative publicity game shooting is not on a knife edge by accident 

as a strategic plan to save field sports it will not work. Religious status would stop people saying nasty things about us and would also stop the direct action of antis or at least mean that the police could charge them with further offences. It will not stop ever more restrictions on what we can shoot, where, when and with what. The giving up of any ground should be being hard fought by our organisations however recent history shows a complete lack of spine between the lot of them.

4 hours ago, Cranfield said:

I think you’re more than very likely correct, I would just like to think that someone somewhere, who opposes shooting, would be quite rankled by it, but probably not. 🤷‍♂️

I'm not sure a sport sometimes practised by a solitary person could be a religion, however if following a food fad [vegan] is now accepted as a religion then it follows that those who eat meat [perhaps harvested by their own hand] could also be considered as a religion.... The church of ethically sourced meat !

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

The church of ethically sourced meat !

See this is a far better idea!

Will still annoy vegans, but actually likely to have people signing up who aren't involved.

Either way, nothing will likely come of it one way or another.  But by all means put it down.

I'm putting down that I'm a Seventh-day-Advent-Hoppist

On 17/03/2021 at 13:58, mel b3 said:

Am I right in thinking that veganism has been given some kind of religious status ?, or did I just imagine that ?. 

Sadly you are right, its got l think a protected status under the equality acts. Should be prescribed not protected.

On 16/03/2021 at 19:00, steve_b_wales said:

I don't know anything about the 'loonies' who run this website. I think that it's a good idea if it 'could' protect our sport. 

I don't know where the loony identity comes from! Unless I am one as I joined. They seem to be a nice bunch interested in saving our sport. There are always those  slag off what they don't understand!