Speed awareness course

Rewulf

My errr..friend.. has just received another NIP , 38 in a 30 mph :innocent:

'He' did a speed awareness course over 3 years ago , but got another SP30 in the meantime and received 3 points.
This shouldnt affect doing another speed awareness course should it ?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Your "friend" will be well versed in sitting through a boring day of being talked down to!

Better than the 3 points and resultant insurance increase though ?

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I thought that but I actually enjoyed mine.

Yes theyre not too bad, as above , better than the alternative.

3 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I thought that but I actually enjoyed mine.

Will you be going to more as you enjoyed it so much?

Just now, Rewulf said:

Yes theyre not too bad, as above , better than the alternative.

Oh I thought it was your "friend" you were on about!

i think you are only offered the course if you haven't been caught speeding in 3 years not 3 years between the courses. 

I have done the course and if caught again would be very tempted to just take the points and fine. Mine was a complete waste of a morning listening to a condescending ****. 

Just wait till the holier-than-thou Peter Perfects get in from work. They'll be calling "your friend" irresponsible, a menace to society, a child-killer and demanding his tickets are revoked forthwith. Not to mention lying about how they have never broken a speed limit in their lives themselves. 

At least they did to me when I was caught going 3mph slower than your friend. 

15 minutes ago, ferguson_tom said:

i think you are only offered the course if you haven't been caught speeding in 3 years not 3 years between the courses. 

I have done the course and if caught again would be very tempted to just take the points and fine. Mine was a complete waste of a morning listening to a condescending ****. 

"My friend" also has done two Driver Awareness Courses, they only last half a day and I thought were quite well done. I err! he didn't feel they were talking down to him, you only have to attend and if you don't feel like taking part in discussions you don't have to. I was hoping to get another invitation recently but unfortunately got three points and a fine, I think they just gave up on me. On all three occasions I was only doing 4-5mph over the limit

Edited by martinj

24 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh I thought it was your "friend" you were on about!

:|

7 minutes ago, walshie said:

Just wait till the holier-than-thou Peter Perfects get in from work. They'll be calling "your friend" irresponsible, a menace to society, a child-killer and demanding his tickets are revoked forthwith. Not to mention lying about how they have never broken a speed limit in their lives themselves. 

5 minutes ago, sharpeshooter60 said:

should be banned [full stop]

Didnt take long :lol:

2 minutes ago, martinj said:

I was hoping to get another invitation recently but unfortunately got three points and a fine, I think they just gave up on me

Was it not 3 years since the last one ?

1 minute ago, sharpeshooter60 said:

should be banned [full stop]

Ambiguous posts?  Yep, they should be banned. 

I think it's likely you were, sorry, your friend was going too fast to be offered a speed awareness course.   😁 According to google, the precise range of velocities at which you are eligible varies between police forces.

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q584.htm

1 minute ago, martinj said:

We were told by Hampshire Plod that they only offer it to speeders doing 33 to 37mph (in a 30 limit)

Something similar told to me by Avon and Somerset, but that was many years ago, and a quick google doesn't appear to reveal a table of which force does what, which would answer the OP's query.

2 minutes ago, sharpeshooter60 said:

if you have lost a child like i have,my son is not comeing home just becouse some swat wanted to get home quicker

Sorry for your loss.

Speeding is never a good idea, but human nature is what it is.
Would a speed camera have saved your son ?
Would an outright ban for the first SP30 stop speeding outright ?
Does banning/make illegal an action or article stop it from happening ?

You know it doesnt, and you have every right to be bitter, but if speeding bans and fines worked, we wouldnt actually need them would we ?

speeding is different to drink driving ,it should be a 12 month ban,and yes in the police report if the person was going  30mph and not 39 mph my son would proberly be alive today just to let you all know my son was 7years old in a coma for 2 weeks then he died in my arms,thats why iam pist off when people moan when they get caught out speeding

Edited by sharpeshooter60
wrong

1 minute ago, sharpeshooter60 said:

speeding is different to drink driving ,it should be a 12 month ban, and yes in the police report if the person was going  30mph and not 39 mph my son would proberly be alive today

As much as drink driving is a completely different animal, to destroy someones livelihood for going 5 mph over the limit seems a little harsh ?
Everyone knows the speed limits within reason, just the same as everyone knows getting behind the wheel in drink is going to get you banned, yet they still do it.

Im not trying to make up excuses, its wrong , and it does cost lives, but theres a reason why speeding penalties (within reason) are so light, its because its proportional to the crime.
Watch some of the cop chase programs, where stolen cars are driven at high speed through suburbs, causing the potential for absolute carnage.
Watch how drug addled/drunk/scrote is pulled from the car , you imagine hes going down for YEARS !
Then youre informed he got 6 months, often suspended, and a driving ban for a year, WOW !

Best bit is , you just know as soon as he gets chance, and many are repeat offenders , hes going to do it again, no licence, no insurance, possible carnage.
This is where the law really needs toughening up.

But lets lie in wait for usually law abiding , tax paying motorists , who yes , may be in a hurry , or just not watching their speed, and hit them instead.
Easy money , easy targets.

I didnt really want the thread to go this way, but I am a little naive.

The law say's 30 mph . Go over it and you break the law because it takes longer to stop, and that '2mtrs' could contain a person .  12 Ft/lbs Maximum on an air rifle, go over it and its possession of an Illegal Firearm,( without an FAC), you wanna see the penalty for that. 

'Speed awareness courses', are to do what they say.  The more time you spend on the road, the more likely you are to fall foul of a missed limit, etc . 

As they say, . . . . happens.     

The op should be fine , if they are within the criteria. 

3 hours ago, sharpeshooter60 said:

speeding is different to drink driving ,it should be a 12 month ban,and yes in the police report if the person was going  30mph and not 39 mph my son would proberly be alive today just to let you all know my son was 7years old in a coma for 2 weeks then he died in my arms,thats why iam pist off when people moan when they get caught out speeding

That is one heart breaking story, nobody could imagine what you went through r.i.p little one 

3 hours ago, sharpeshooter60 said:

That is truly awful, it is saddening just to read and unbearable to imagine your pain and loss. 😔