Speed awareness course

Rewulf

I was caught doing 33mph in a Northumbrian village and was invited to attend a SAC in a hotel just sought of the Border.  I thought it informative , the instructor confessed that he himself had been caught in the past and in fact had had  people come from as fdar away as  the Shetlands to attend a course and save themselves from a ban.

Blackpowder

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some years back I got stopped by the rozzers, after stopping I was talked down too and was informed I had been doing 35 in a 30 zone but I was lucky because in Suffolk we only prossecute if you are doing in excess of 37. "What do have to say" says the rozzers. My reply "Well why did you ******g stop me then" not one of my best moves to be honest. An hour later I was on my way.

13 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Speeding is a bad habit. Needs to be viewed like drink driving. We all speed because we are lazy and narcissistic. 

You can’t possibly put them in the same bracket. 
if I’m sitting at 75 mph on the motorway I’m not the same as a drunk driver. 

I agree 30 is 30 but once out on the open road it’s different. 
I was told off for speeding 20 years ago and the copper said Time and Place . 
Roads by schools are 20-30 for a reason and after my son was hit last year at 25ish mph I understand that. Luckily he survived just bruised and it was my sons fault in my eyes . The car was on the road and he walked out. 

drink drivers on the other hand are disgusting and are fully aware of the risks. I was working with a bloke recently who liked a drink . He killed a bloke crossing the road only a month later with a 2 year sentence and 1 year ban. He should be locked up for man slaughter. 

13 hours ago, wishy735 said:

Some years back I got stopped by the rozzers, after stopping I was talked down too and was informed I had been doing 35 in a 30 zone but I was lucky because in Suffolk we only prossecute if you are doing in excess of 37. "What do have to say" says the rozzers. My reply "Well why did you ******g stop me then" not one of my best moves to be honest. An hour later I was on my way.

😂
I was stopped for speeding 60 in a 40 until I showed them the sign . National speed limit (60)and I was on my bike . They had to let me go as I’d done nothing wrong . 
I was then pulled for going 50 on my c90 in a 60 

8 hours ago, team tractor said:

You can’t possibly put them in the same bracket. 
if I’m sitting at 75 mph on the motorway I’m not the same as a drunk driver. 

I agree 30 is 30 but once out on the open road it’s different. 
I was told off for speeding 20 years ago and the copper said Time and Place . 
Roads by schools are 20-30 for a reason and after my son was hit last year at 25ish mph I understand that. Luckily he survived just bruised and it was my sons fault in my eyes . The car was on the road and he walked out. 

drink drivers on the other hand are disgusting and are fully aware of the risks. I was working with a bloke recently who liked a drink . He killed a bloke crossing the road only a month later with a 2 year sentence and 1 year ban. He should be locked up for man slaughter. 

Save your breath the 20 mph Nazis won’t listen.

No point looking at German autobahns.

No point discussing the French variable limits where motorway speeds are increased to 80 mph in good weather.

No point highlighting that a laser van sending out a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) 2 weeks after the event can’t check that driver for a current licence, drink or drugs or get that driver to immediately adjust driving behaviour. 

1 minute ago, Mungler said:

No point discussing the French variable limits where motorway speeds are increased to 80 mph in good weather.

I’d be keen for 85 mph for cars and HGVs etc not allowed into middle lane during good conditions on variable limits. The problem with faster limits is when one HGV at 58 mph is overtaking another HGV at 56 mph and causing a two mile tail back on the M6. 

I got done doing 38mph while driving on a slip road onto the A38 at Alrewas. 

You have 150 meters to increase the speed from 30mph to 70mph, some cars are capable some are not, i drive a pickup and seeing that i had a clear road in front and heavy traffic on the A38 the safest option was to speed up to safely join the A38. 

So approximately 100mtr was over the 30mph. 

Totally different from driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs where your not fully in control of you reactions. 

Jobs worth policing, rubbed in by stupid comments from officers on responding to burglaries when they tell you "we know who they are" AND !!!

And when i called them out when i stopped 2 youths from breaking into cars, I had to ask Plod if they were interested in the reg number of the car they were in. 

again the usual response "we know who they are"