Collared Doves Individual Licence

Has anybody applied for an individual licence for these, what evidence was required etc?

Ive been trawling the gov website but having trouble viewing some of the PDFs.

A permission I have has a lot of grain in sheds and the place gets plagued with collareds, the land owner asked me to get rid of them but was very disappointed when I said I cant legally touch them without applying to NE.

Any adviced will be appreciated.

Thank you

I tried for an individual licence.

They wanted a site visit to inspect the steps that had already been taken to preclude the doves from the grain / feed sheds.

They were expecting all the openings to all the buildings to have already been fitted with nets to exclude the birds, but to allow in a flow of fresh air. 

This was a must with no exceptions.

I withdrew my application !

2 minutes ago, tonyshooter said:

I tried for an individual licence.

They wanted a site visit to inspect the steps that had already been taken to preclude the doves from the grain / feed sheds.

They were expecting all the openings to all the buildings to have already been fitted with nets to exclude the birds, but to allow in a flow of fresh air. 

This was a must with no exceptions.

I withdrew my application !

Oh..........

I wont bother then, I'll let him know, thank you for the info.

22 hours ago, JDog said:

It was taken off the GL because there was a strong lobby from the likes of Packham.

Sparrow hawks find them easy meat.

Yes Mrs Hawk had one of the four regular visitors(Two pairs) to our bird trays last week  I do not see a huge number these days around here or any farms I visit. When we moved here 30yrs ago the yard would have 30-40 in a morning.

Do you have turtle doves? If you have you can get individual licence to control collard doves. If you need to! As when numbers high they can push returning turtle doves off territory, food and nest sites. Collards doves are not invasive! There were less in the 70's than turtle doves that were then common. They established and numbers steadily grew since then. They are now in decline. Tricho disease, higher predation on birds and nests and change in farming practice. Used to have up to 18 at mine. Only about 2 pairs now. When a local farm got out of pigs and another upgraded their piggery numbers crashed . . . Huge and increasing numbers of stock doves locally and Suffolk at mo. 300+ on one farm. So many on cut covers some thought they were woodies. Most i have ever seen and hard to believe they were all stockies. Didn't realise until recently that this country has a third of the global population of them. . . . . So many hares we almost take them for granted. Enforced close season bad idea! Farmers need to be able to control as and when (crop damage) if needed and to maintain healthy populations going into Winter. . . . I never shoot them.   NB

10 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Do you have turtle doves? If you have you can get individual licence to control collard doves. If you need to! As when numbers high they can push returning turtle doves off territory, food and nest sites. Collards doves are not invasive! There were less in the 70's than turtle doves that were then common. They established and numbers steadily grew since then. They are now in decline. Tricho disease, higher predation on birds and nests and change in farming practice. Used to have up to 18 at mine. Only about 2 pairs now. When a local farm got out of pigs and another upgraded their piggery numbers crashed . . . Huge and increasing numbers of stock doves locally and Suffolk at mo. 300+ on one farm. So many on cut covers some thought they were woodies. Most i have ever seen and hard to believe they were all stockies. Didn't realise until recently that this country has a third of the global population of them. . . . . So many hares we almost take them for granted. Enforced close season bad idea! Farmers need to be able to control as and when (crop damage) if needed and to maintain healthy populations going into Winter. . . . I never shoot them.   NB

No Turtles about, depending on the many definitions I suppose they are kind of invasive but not introduced by man.

There are loads of them in Shropshire, especially on this farm.

I dont see many hares about, even if I did I wouldnt shoot them, the landowner doesnt want them touched if they do appear.