New wall peace

crossy 666

17 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Tidy

I'm allowed one per room other than my study which does not have a spare inch left.

We have mounts in the living room, hallway, up the stairs, guest bedroom, box room, and in the ‘gun room’ (loft). At one time the living room was like “welcome to Africa”, but wifey quite rightly thought that was getting a bit much.

Wives do not appreciate that these mounts, even a insy winsy little scubby roe buck which I have on my barbecue area wall, is like a diary to us.  I can look at one of my mounts and imediately remember the time and place etc etc which made that day one to remember. Some people think it is just bragging but it is not each and every one of the hundred or somemories I have hanging on the walls is a memory. 

17 hours ago, team tractor said:

I remember a lad asking my dad if he can mount things . He replied it depends what she looks like 😂😂😂😂
Crossy and Walker knowing my dad will understand my shock 😂😂😂

I AM SHOCKED !!!!!!   wouldn't think butter would melt...... but, he does a that sparkle in his eyes.

I could tell a fib and say how I had toiled all over the New Zealand alps for this trophy but that would be far far from the truth. In fact it was a stag shot out of the Landie window in Calke Deer Park as it ate it's last mouthful of hay. One of two or three that had the be culled.  We had just stripped the ivy from that wall and it looked abit bare so hung the head on there.  I did have a much larger red head I brought back from Poland which I loaned to Garlands Gun Shop 25-30yrs ago and they hung it in their front entrance and it got nicked in broad daylight. They still have a large Corsincan ram head I loaned back then. Do not know if it still hangs there as I don't frequent the place these days.

001.JPG

Edited by Walker570

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/03/2021 at 16:31, crossy 666 said:

Got this back today from a friend of mine that that did if for me.
I’ve not told the wife yet that I’ve had it done so let’s see how this goes when I walk in with it lol  

"I've not told the wife yet" - theres a phrase i know only too well