Sean Ivey ... Ex-Marine stands up to yobs and is burned out of home

gdadphil

Hi All I just wanted to bring this to your attention in case you hadn't seen it also reported on BBC news

cheers 

gdadphil

Quote from Kevin Miller on Sean Ivey Justgiving page

I have started this page to try to raise an amount of money to Help a former Royal Marine Commando. He was the victim of anti social behaviour. His Car, Caravan and Home was set on fire whilst himself, wife and two children slept. His home insurance had expired and he is now is literally walking the street in his Pajamas. I served with Sean at 45 Commando and he is a man of exceptional character with Integrity and humilty. I would like to try and raise some funds to help him and his family during this difficult time. I would really appreciate any donation no matter how small. I‘m sure every penny will help make a difference to Seans situation. I understand during these difficult times of coronavirus everyone has had to make financial sacrifice but even if you spare £1 it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time in reading this story.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

This is a worthy cause,

Surley his insurance will cover the loss, I know he didn't have house insurance, but the fire started with the car and spread to the house, so the car insurance should pay out.

Another avenue to pursue is the victim compensation scheme.

No, foolishly he had let his insurance lapse.:w00t:

Just giving page is currently at £134 634:good:

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

No, foolishly he had let his insurance lapse.

Did he not have the car insured, the fire was started in the car and spread to the house, the loss should be covered by the vehicle insurance. I know he had let the house insurance lapse, but the fire wasn't started in the house.

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

The arsonists should be dancing at the end of a rope in the town centre. 

:good:

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Arson is a very serious charge and even more serious if intent to endanger life. A good judge can impose a life sentence so fingers crossed. 

Don't hold your breath.

Edited by Newbie to this

Now that the police have decide that law breakers are low priority, apart that is from people "transgressing" the lockdown rules, the yobs are having a field day.

Until someone, i.e. the Home Secretary, instructs the police to do what the public expects of them, law and order will continue to deteriorate. Their self appointed mission to "Protect the public" is, by definition, unachievable from behind a computer screen, and until such time as they stop being a virtual police force and return to being visible on the streets, things will never improve.

5 minutes ago, Westward said:

Now that the police have decide that law breakers are low priority, apart that is from people "transgressing" the lockdown rules, the yobs are having a field day.

Until someone, i.e. the Home Secretary, instructs the police to do what the public expects of them, law and order will continue to deteriorate. Their self appointed mission to "Protect the public" is, by definition, unachievable from behind a computer screen, and until such time as they stop being a virtual police force and return to being visible on the streets, things will never improve.

One small way in which we (the general population) could have an input would be that no one would vote for the sitting PCC. Perhaps then these people would realise that they were actually there to do a job. Fail and you're out.

13 minutes ago, Westward said:

2 minutes ago, wymberley said:

One small way in which we (the general population) could have an input would be that no one would vote for the sitting PCC. Perhaps then these people would realise that they were actually there to do a job. Fail and you're out.

Good points, but let's get this chap back on the good road he was already on, that might shame the PCC and the Police to actually deal with the problem!

5 minutes ago, armsid said:

This reminds me of a film starring Michael Caine called Harry Brown a bout a retired pensioner ex Royal Marine same scenario .He took them on and cleaned up the estate much to the annoyance of the police, Worth a watch 

"You have failed to maintain your weapon, son"

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

that might shame the PCC and the Police to actually deal with the problem!

Don't hold your breath. The eye watering arrogance of the PCCs and Chief Officers by which they perceive themselves as better placed to decide how they should operate than the people they are tasked with serving absolutely beggars belief!

6 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

This is a worthy cause,

Surley his insurance will cover the loss, I know he didn't have house insurance, but the fire started with the car and spread to the house, so the car insurance should pay out.

Another avenue to pursue is the victim compensation scheme.

Cars have a declared insurance value and risk level - you cannot expect the insurer to also pay for the house too. Be prepared for car insurance rates to rocket if that's allowed.