Sean Ivey ... Ex-Marine stands up to yobs and is burned out of home

gdadphil

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The news report was ever so slightly wrong in saying " Former Royal Marine " sorry guy's but once a Royal Marine "ALWAYS" a Royal Marine .

Happy to donate for one of the good guy's who wouldn't think twice about laying his life down for us .

Edited by Jega

2 hours ago, amateur said:

"You have failed to maintain your weapon, son"

The bit before that with the fairbairn sykes through the hand was just lovely!

In all seriousness, if my parents worked out that I had set light to someone's car/house/caravan....or anything for that matter I think at the least I would have been left wheelchair bound. My father was borderline abusive with some of the punishment I received when younger but by the sounds of these "young scallywags" you couldn't beat discipline into them with a 2lb hammer.

2 hours ago, Rob85 said:

In all seriousness, if my parents worked out that I had set light to someone's car/house/caravan....or anything for that matter I think at the least I would have been left wheelchair bound. My father was borderline abusive with some of the punishment I received when younger but by the sounds of these "young scallywags" you couldn't beat discipline into them with a 2lb hammer.

Oh you could, problem is,  someone would film it  !

I do hope this chap or some of his neighbours,  have CCTV.

6 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

£231k 👍

Squeaky bum time in my bank account at the moment but I still reckon it's worth a little donation, at least my house and care aren't burnt wrecks, just leaking rusty ones!  Hope the guy gets back on his feet soon enough.

Just like yourself money is tight but put a little donation in. 

Its going well, now £238,418.

On 21/03/2021 at 13:40, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Good points, but let's get this chap back on the good road he was already on, that might shame the PCC and the Police to actually deal with the problem!

On 21/03/2021 at 14:59, Westward said:

Don't hold your breath. The eye watering arrogance of the PCCs and Chief Officers by which they perceive themselves as better placed to decide how they should operate than the people they are tasked with serving absolutely beggars belief!

Tragic what happened.....but like the NFN acronym, the presence of ASBO intent two legged rats is a given and accepted as the norm in that area among some of the longer established estate families... There is a very very similar element in my vicinity; it's normal to see two or three school-age yoofs travel on the roads or footpaths, all on the one quad/scrambler/moped, none wearing a helmet, etc., all this happening SEVERAL times a day, at all times of the day, even in the small hours - sometimes they gather at 3 and 4 am on the estates to have a nocturnal burn up or race other little petrol heads. We also have the regular sight of a 12yr old kid, air rifle in hand, wandering the public footpath/C2C cycle route, taking pot-shots at the wildlife in broad daylight!

This sort of thing was one of the local problems Sean posted about online, no doubt breaking some scum-code that rats protect their own...His uploads to FaceBook gave a lot of details into the incidents before the national media latched onto the story, as he'd uploaded a lot of stuff onto the local FB pages - it may be that this posting was what caused the "event", the day before the arson, where an armed gang broke into his parents house at just after 7pm. He'd also uploaded footage of someone on an illegal scrambler spraying a row of parked cars with mud and gravel because he'd been challenged about his illegal riding by Sean and was being filmed.

Sadly, it is ONLY the extreme outcome in this case of the arson attack, that has motivated the local Police to treat the matter seriously (there is no PCC in Durham as such).
FaceBook for most of the local estates is alive with complaints of how these kids are taking over. Local councillors are copied into the posts on FB - the councillors make what they consider as the correct sound-bite noises in reply, but nothing changes. The Police do very little about the presence of these idiots, nor the low level attacks that take place = I had 4 attacks on the car in the space of 10 days last year; in the three years I've been here, there must have been about 15 or so attacks to my parked cars. Police always informed....no convictions, even for the last attack a few weeks ago when the group were caught on CCTV doing the attack and identified by a few neighbours; police response "the footage isn't clear enough", and in the next sentence we are told that they are taking the matter very seriously...but nobody is brought up on charges for the constant criminal damage attacks, or the illegal riding, etc.
The local police and council aren't addressing the problem on these estates, they are empowering the little sh!ts to act how they choose to act with zero fear of reprisal - and as the saying goes, they get bigger and they get bolder.

We NEED a new PCC - I'd even say Sean should pack in his teaching job and put himself forward - he'd walk it and be the right person for the job to get some long overdue changes made!

The problem with these incidents the authorities distance themselves from reallity and now have 3 generations out of control all on bennifits (they wont work) and so it goes on.I used to live in Coventry and had a few cars stolen by the yobs off the local estate where police were cautious to go except in force. I found out later when talking to someone from the posh end of the city they did not believe this could happen Again out of touch with reallity and the real world. We need a back up force of some kind ex military ? might sort it out but i wont hold my breath.I feel for the decent folk out there living in or near these no go areas 

On 21/03/2021 at 17:30, Rob85 said:

MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO.

• 1 month later...