Sean Ivey ... Ex-Marine stands up to yobs and is burned out of home

gdadphil

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Absolutely shocking the Police who should have been there for him at the time of the incident have conducted a "thorough investigation" and no charges brought!

I hope this chap gets away from the scum and his family get a new life.

It's no kind of justice, for sure. But what evidence could there be to say beyond reasonable doubt? Everyone in the area probably knows who did it. But did they seem them do it, at night, so as to be certain it was them? I can't imagine there would be any forensic evidence to pick through, so unless a doorbell/CCTV happened to pick up the person with enough detail to ID them, what are you left with? having said that, I agree that they may well have made their job impossible by not being more on the ball before the crim happened, but then with police cuts and budget constraints, there are only so many bases that can be covered

The sad reality is that today, it's still far too easy to get away with a crime.

The types that perpertrated the crime habitually wear robber type balaclavas and hoodies which is sufficient protection from CCTV etc,this sort of thing is out of control nationally though and things will get worse for the everyday citizen who is targeted given our pathetic law and order system.

8 minutes ago, matone said:

The types that perpertrated the crime habitually wear robber type balaclavas and hoodies which is sufficient protection from CCTV etc,this sort of thing is out of control nationally though and things will get worse for the everyday citizen who is targeted given our pathetic law and order system.

One might venture that one dark night they might get their comeuppance at the hands of some nasty men.

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

One might venture that one dark night they might get their comeuppance at the hands of some nasty men.

As the Police are noted to be more and more ineffective, this road will become more tempting for law abiding folk to go down. 

A sad state of affairs. 

Especially when the law abiding folk will no doubt be jumped on by Police for protecting themselves and their property.

Years ago the police would have settled the matter by the "more than one way to skin a cat" method of policing.

And the signal it sent out was who was in really in charge. You may win today but next week we will be knocking on your door with some dodgy VCRs we are going to find under your bed.

All the yobs on the estate knew what had happened and were suitably intimidated, not wanting to be next.

As typical of northern ireland justice I know a guy whos cousin was into stealing cars and joyriding. The fella got caught on by a few local "community representatives" and was found by police and paramedics screaming his lungs out after he had been nailed to a fence through the hands and ankles.

It is pretty sad that it comes to things like this but people can only take so much.

Another famous case over of instant justice here in the early 2000s was a yob in a stolen BMW, he tried to go through the police checkpoint and tried to take the pavement which would have resulted in him taking out people coming out of a local church, police ventilated his chest for him and that was that, karma and justice all rolled into one.

Long runs the fox, but usually gets caught in the end.

If there wasn’t enough evidence then there’s not a lot else the rozzers can do. It happens all too often I’m afraid. As others have said, it is probably common knowledge who is responsible, and there will come a time when they are collared for something else, but until then it’s a bitter pill to swallow. 

3 hours ago, Scully said:

If there wasn’t enough evidence then there’s not a lot else the rozzers can do. It happens all too often I’m afraid. As others have said, it is probably common knowledge who is responsible, and there will come a time when they are collared for something else, but until then it’s a bitter pill to swallow. 

yep , as sickening as it is , this is the bare bones of it.

24 minutes ago, Scully said:

He and his wife have been on the local news this evening. He isn’t moving. Interesting times ahead possibly. 

it would be great to see him smash the scumbags to pieces , but the reality of his situation is , if he lays a finger on them , hell be the one banged up . 

Same old story, the bast**** get away with it and anybody does anything against them gets nicked.

Just seen a video of a copper running down a knife wielding thug who had been threatening people and although charged,he got off with a suspended sentence 🤬

That's a disgustingly disappointing conclusion to the legal side of the story.  As said above, I would like to hope that a bit of "justice in the community" gets delivered, but sadly the ones dishing that out would then end up as the convited criminals.  This world is so wrong.

At least Sean now has just shy of £300k in his pocket to rebuild his life.

I'm surprised he has chosen to stay - presumably to rebuild the house from scratch.  I'd use that money as a one way ticket outta there...

21 hours ago, ratchers said:

Same old story, the bast**** get away with it and anybody does anything against them gets nicked.

Just seen a video of a copper running down a knife wielding thug who had been threatening people and although charged,he got off with a suspended sentence 🤬

The cop or the thug?

On 25/05/2021 at 22:57, Jim Neal said:

That's a disgustingly disappointing conclusion to the legal side of the story.  As said above, I would like to hope that a bit of "justice in the community" gets delivered, but sadly the ones dishing that out would then end up as the convited criminals.  This world is so wrong.

At least Sean now has just shy of £300k in his pocket to rebuild his life.

I'm surprised he has chosen to stay - presumably to rebuild the house from scratch.  I'd use that money as a one way ticket outta there...

I think it shows he was actually trying to make a difference and isn’t prepared to give up on it.

I’d hazard a guess at some of that money being spent on various security measures. 

Also can’t believe even these yobs would be stupid enough to do anything else in the short term due to the publicity this has received. 

1 hour ago, D_shooter said:

Also can’t believe even these yobs would be stupid enough to do anything else in the short term due to the publicity this has received. 

I fear that the opposite might be true . They've got away with it once , and probably feel even more powerful.  I just hope that insurance is in place this time , as he's probably a bigger target for the scumbags now.

It's a very sad state of affairs.

Edited to add.

I really really hope I'm wrong.

Edited by mel b3

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I fear that the opposite might be true . They've got away with it once , and probably feel even more powerful.  I just hope that insurance is in place this time , as he's probably a bigger target for the scumbags now.

It's a very sad state of affairs.

Edited to add.

I really really hope I'm wrong.

Sadly, my own thoughts exactly.

2 hours ago, old man said:

Sadly, my own thoughts exactly.

YIP...

My area is like that - and given that we only moved here three years ago, I very much doubt that three years from now will see us still living here - UNLESS the local feral two-legged rats are taken to task = but from speaking to longer term neighbours, the opposite seems to be the case

LOTS of new pre-teens in the area are following the monkey see monkey do example - as their slightly older school age role models (in random scum behaviour) ARE getting away with whatever antics they choose to amuse themselves with...!

I'd not be too surprised if a lack of official results starts to see some local intervention type correction dished out as the locals here can be quite good at non-verbal communication

Simple really? Starts at the top?

Politicos not bought to book?

The ferals soon catch on?

Justice system not fit for purpose?

Personal freedoms constantly removed?

Police agenda, skewed away from their proper role?

The end result is what we have? Feral heaven?

I think his position is untenable really. I wouldn’t want my kids growing up in such an environment, and given what has gone on, there’s a good possibility that his kids could be targeted by contemporary ferals. 
If I was given the opportunity to start again, for the sake of my kids, I’d start somewhere else. 

49 minutes ago, Scully said:

I think his position is untenable really. I wouldn’t want my kids growing up in such an environment, and given what has gone on, there’s a good possibility that his kids could be targeted by contemporary ferals. 
If I was given the opportunity to start again, for the sake of my kids, I’d start somewhere else. 

Absolutely, they need to relocate asap.

6 hours ago, Scully said:

It's a very great shame that he's in this position , but if it was me , I'd be making the same choice as you Scully.