.204 Ruger modified case

steve_b_wales

2 hours ago, FOXCALLER said:

Hi .Steve, have you sold your .204 ?

No, I've still got it and don't intend selling it either. A friend of mine made me a couple of modified cases for various calibres that I have, and I've got a spare .204 one. The money will go to him if it's sold.

Thanks Steve, only asking because I sold my 204 a year or so ago and took out a how's .223 heavy barrel farming with 8" twist, after recent health problems I find it heavy to lug around and get frustrated with all the bullets to choose from. I regret getting rid of the .204 and am seriously considering a new one. Are all the bits easy to get now, ie bullets, cases, basically is it still credible to own on.

Cheers mate.

Keith.

9 hours ago, FOXCALLER said:

Thanks Steve, only asking because I sold my 204 a year or so ago and took out a how's .223 heavy barrel farming with 8" twist, after recent health problems I find it heavy to lug around and get frustrated with all the bullets to choose from. I regret getting rid of the .204 and am seriously considering a new one. Are all the bits easy to get now, ie bullets, cases, basically is it still credible to own on.

Cheers mate.

Keith.

Hi Keith. I've got a heavy barrel (varmint) Howa 1500 in .204. Yes, it's heavy to carry around, especially with a scope, moderator, NV etc, but I use mine when setting up a baiting point for Corvids. I usually set it out at around 150 yards. Regarding getting the items for reloading, I've never had a problem (in the past 4 years) getting what I need. I do tend to reload a few 100 at a time though. There are a few rifle manufactures who supply this calibre. 

Steve.:good: