Bristol protests now....

ditchman

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GingerCat - not totally convinced that it is the law at fault. One the one hand we had Police twiddling their thumbs as statues were defaced, on the other we had them being accused of being over zealous with eth Everard. The law didn't change between those events. Priti Patel commented unfavourably about the Police conduct on the latter occasion. That is what I am saying. 

The Home Secretary needs to get into the ribs of out of touch Chief Constables and insist that they maintain law and order. Higher ranks seem to have increased dramatically, whilst beat Officers seem a thing of the past.

As for signing up and showing how it should be done - it's a throwaway remark. It will take years to put right the softly, softly leadership.

Nothing against graduates, but isn't that the requirement for Advanced Police Driving Courses? Who dreamt up that gem? 

7 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

GingerCat - not totally convinced that it is the law at fault. One the one hand we had Police twiddling their thumbs as statues were defaced, on the other we had them being accused of being over zealous with eth Everard. The law didn't change between those events. Priti Patel commented unfavourably about the Police conduct on the latter occasion. That is what I am saying. 

The Home Secretary needs to get into the ribs of out of touch Chief Constables and insist that they maintain law and order. Higher ranks seem to have increased dramatically, whilst beat Officers seem a thing of the past.

As for signing up and showing how it should be done - it's a throwaway remark. It will take years to put right the softly, softly leadership.

Nothing against graduates, but isn't that the requirement for Advanced Police Driving Courses? Who dreamt up that gem? 

It's not a throwaway comment. I've heard it a lot along with the "i pay your wages" which is a favourite of mine. I also pay my wages from my tax.  My profession appears to be one that everyone who has never done it knows it far better and can do a better job.  I truly mean it.  If you can do better then sign up and show me. I really am all ears and you should go far .  

No a degree is not needed for a driving course. You need to have a licence, be able to drive, and pass the course. It's not easy. No I don't have degree. 

Policing gets crucified all day long. If they gets hands om the press goes mad and criminal charges may follow. If they don't get hands on they may face criminal charges and the press go mad. This gets a little repetitive sometimes. 

Senior officers cannot tell anyone to use force. Its against the law. Its not a defence in law to say you were told to do it by your boss either. Police either get deployed or they don't. If they do then the cops have to decide what to do at that very moment in time with what they know. Not hindsight. 

They may be cautious about hitting or using force to dispell a riot as they may face charges years later, loss of job and pension.  Force includes drawing a baton, not just using jt, grabbing someone by the arm etc. The press will crucify them and no one will care except their family who may not now be able to pay the mortgage. Other countries not far away  are different.

As for not arresting people last night the answer is clearer than crystal. There is  not enough cops. Police are now so accountable that a simple domestic takes 2 days. Yes 2 days. 1 day to process prisoner and the other to prepare the case file for cps. Yes a whole day just for that. Their requirements are beyond belief. Police have no say in that. It is set in stone. Imagine how long it takes to sort a riot out? Months? Years more like. Officers taken away just for that. Pressure on their colleagues to fill there day jobs. There are no extra Police. Just cancelled rest days and holidays for those that exist. 

It is  no different  for senior officers. 

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I accept that, but, if the Police had been on the case and up for the grab, it could have been sorted out and effectively nipped in the bud.

Now the next time the "protestors" will know they have the streets to themselves and have an audience of Police Officers to watch along with the media.

There was no way they could of dobe this against 1000 strong idiots. They were out numbered from 17:30 until other units form other forces could attend. 20 officers injured, if they'd taken you stance early on it would of been a hell of a lot more! 

As soon as the police start using force, they are the ones getting invested. 

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

If the Police cannot police, then bring in the Military. These thugs need to know they do not rule the streets.

They cant police Because its against the rioters human rights.. Like I've said, as soon as force os used they get investigated to make sure theyve not broken laws etc

On a more cheery note......South Yorks Police giving some strong guidance to a chap who decided to drive the wrong way down a motorway-best bit is the force actually supporting the officers actions!

Of course, some would want him to be prosecuted or pay for the damage to the patrol car out  of his own pocket.

Aristotle would have rubbed his chin and muttered.. 'The only way to avoid criticism is to do nothing, say nothing and be nothing.'

Evening all.

f

Sunday 14th March in Doncaster.
We are aware of photos circulating on social media in Doncaster of one of our BMW's looking a little worse off... and that we haven't made any comment on the circumstances why.
Sometimes we can't immediately post about it due to an ongoing investigation, but once that's underway and progressing nicely, we can reveal all.
So here it is.
The Volvo driver decided it didnt want to stop, and to be quite Frank, put the lives of other Road users in danger.
He drove at high speed, overtaking dangerously as he approached junction 4 of the M18 along West Moore Link in Doncaster.
Then once at Junction 4, the danger level went literally off the charts... he went to drive the wrong way onto the motorway.
We cannot let that happen, he could have killed someone if he had successfully committed down the slip road... you just don't expect to meet a car coming the opposite way on the motorway. It chills us to the bone to think about what MIGHT have happened...
So we rammed him.
End of.
Or to put it into our technical words, we used tactical contact to prevent serious harm or death. A decision made in a split second by the pursuing officer.
An officer who put himself into harm's way to protect others, to save lives, to stop someone so intent on getting away they would risk the lives of others.
For a car on cloned number plates and a driver recently disqualified from driving.
We then had to shut the motorway in both directions as the driver ran into the field at the side, and we had fears that he would try and escape our closing net by running across the road.
Plus a closed motorway made it easier for our hero with 4 legs to enter the fray, PD Quinn it was over to you and your chauffeur Gaz The Dog.
The driver very quickly decided that he didnt want to meet PD Quinn up close and personal, and he reached for the sky! One detained, car recovered and further enquiries ongoing.
Fortunately the officer was uninjured, the car is a little bit worse for wear, but some TLC from our body shop magicians will mean its back out soon.

2 hours ago, GingerCat said:

I'm pretty sure. As u said, if you know how to do it better then sign up and lead the way. 

Having lived in USA I can tell you there  really is a better way. Over there the police don't even try to be everybody's mate.

BUT, the level of policing is incredible compared to here. Where I lived was a place called Greece, its a suburb of Rochester NY.  The local police possibly had ten cruisers out of a night time despite being a sleepy hollow with nothing going down.

Then on top of that you had the County Police, the State Police, Highway Patrol and so on. Being close to the border you had immigration/ border agents as well. Plus of course the FBI

Phone the police with reports of say a prowler and you would have four or more cars turn up within minutes. All bored and grateful for something to do having been sat in shopping mall car parks and road intersections for hours "just showing the badge".

I actually never knew of a single burglary.  all the time I was there. Or a car crime, people thought I was strange because I locked my car

But shoot an intruder in your home and its no questions asked. Its your absolute legal right as long as it in your home. Say what you like it deters break ins, or home invasions as they called them.

But should a burglar by luck avoid getting shot, he would face seven years for a first offence when caught. And seven really means seven. After that if he re offended again it would be fourteen the next time   

Edited by Vince Green

Phone the police with reports of say a prowler and you would have four or more cars turn up within minutes. All bored and grateful for something to do having been sat in shopping mall car parks and road intersections for hours "just showing the badge".

No point talking about policing in America, 50 states all with different training standards accoubtibalty etc. It would be like talking about policing in Europe like its the same in all European countries. For example there are parts of America you could be waiting hours not minutes for the police to arrive. 

Edited by ordnance

We currently have an ineffective Police Force, something needs to undergo a drastic change.

Mobsters behaviour will not change when they see they can do as they please.

Numbers on the ground is one major factor, but leaders that can use their assets effectively is even more important!

The time has come for the law to be changed to, at the very least,  fully address the Human rights of the Victim, not prioritise those of the assailant as seems to be the current case.

Equality would be good, positive discrimination in favour of the victim even better.  Note that in no way can the perpetrator ever be deemed the victim of a crime they commit.