Bristol protests now....

ditchman

8 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

the fact that they lied makes you think what other lies they have told and to go in  front of the media and say it on camera its no wonder people don't trust them 

Sadly, add to the list of offenders;

• Politicians (as the phrase goes - whenever their lips move and they aren't eating or drinking)
  • Local authorities (notably senior parties)
  • Civil servants
  • 'probably' some (now slightly 'detached') Royals (wedding 3 days earlier than stated)
  • Businesses
  • Journalists (e.g. allegedly Martin Bashir)
  • many others who are in positions in which they are 'listened to'

It has become inbuilt in society to take the claims of all of the above with what we used to call 'a pinch of salt'.

Edited by JohnfromUK

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I disagree slightly, a lot of it is down to lack of numbers. My argument all along is why pay a man to be on the dole when for virtually the same money you could have him in a uniform.

I see your point but......I'm not sure the ones you point out, could or would be the right ones to be in uniform?

33 minutes ago, old man said:

I see your point but......I'm not sure the ones you point out, could or would be the right ones to be in uniform?

No, but a lot of very good candidates who do apply get turned down and its not because they are not suitable. Police and armed forces are both harder to get into now than they have ever been

7 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

It is vital that we start using water cannons, due to the numbers involved and make sure there is some strong dye in the mix that wont wash out in a week.That way we could easily identify whose precious little princess are really involved in this disgraceful behavior. Mummy and Daddy might curb their allowances  then. Water cannon use does work and most of them look like they could use a good scub down with the rough end of a kerb edge. From  Auntie.

Absolutely,  and when they get hurt and complain simply laugh in their face, if it was a peaceful law abiding protest they wouldn't be throwing rocks and fireworks would they.

14 hours ago, Westley said:

You have a hell of a job throwing things and kicking riot shields IF you are running away  !!

That one tickled me 👍

6 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It is vital that we start using water cannons

I believe they are currently not legally usable in the UK.  London bought several (3?) when Boris was mayor, but they were never allowed to be used - I believe they were banned by Teresa May and then sold for scrap at a huge loss by Sadiq Khan.  Another triumph of 'joined up thinking' by our political masters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46258584

Edited by JohnfromUK

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I believe they are currently not legally usable in the UK.  London bought several (3?) when Boris was mayor, but they were never allowed to be used - I believe they were banned by Teresa May and then sold for scrap at a huge loss by Sadiq Khan.  Another triumph of 'joined up thinking' by our political masters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46258584

So rush through there use, because of the level of violence and damage caused, that would be giving the yobs, sorry demonstrators the finger.

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

Sadly, add to the list of offenders;

• Politicians (as the phrase goes - whenever their lips move and they aren't eating or drinking)
  • Local authorities (notably senior parties)
  • Civil servants
  • 'probably' some (now slightly 'detached') Royals (wedding 3 days earlier than stated)
  • Businesses
  • Journalists (e.g. allegedly Martin Bashir)
  • many others who are in positions in which they are 'listened to'

It has become inbuilt in society to take the claims of all of the above with what we used to call 'a pinch of salt'.

I have to confess that I have no interest in them what-so-ever. I can't see the Archbishop breaking the law, but what I could see that as one of the 'in crowd' Harry knew full well what to expect come the day of the State affair which would not have been altogether for their benefit and can see Harry making a romantic gesture with the help of said cleric.

Just now, Mice! said:

So rush through there use, because of the level of violence and damage caused, that would be giving the yobs, sorry demonstrators the finger.

I would fully support that- as I suspect would Johnson as he originally bought them .......... but the elected locals/mayors in both London (Sadiq Kahn) and Bristol (Marvin Rees) and both lefties, - we know Kahn won't support then, and I think it is unlikely Rees would based on his past history of appeasement on the statue tearing down event.

16 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I would fully support that- as I suspect would Johnson as he originally bought them .......... but the elected locals/mayors in both London (Sadiq Kahn) and Bristol (Marvin Rees) and both lefties, - we know Kahn won't support then, and I think it is unlikely Rees would based on his past history of appeasement on the statue tearing down event.

We know they wouldn't support them, that's part of the problem,  too many people want to run things but who is then responsible when the yobs are burning police cars?

Wonder if they could use a few green goddesses, bung in some dye and get the pressure up,  few squaddies, say 40-50 to keep her safe.

7 hours ago, Mice! said:

We know they wouldn't support them, that's part of the problem,  too many people want to run things but who is then responsible when the yobs are burning police cars?

Wonder if they could use a few green goddesses, bung in some dye and get the pressure up,  few squaddies, say 40-50 to keep her safe.

They would support them even less IF they were filled with some corrosive substance.  Then again, it would reduce the numbers of Police being injured and certainly make demonstrators think twice  ??  I note that today the media is FULL of the brutal tactics being used by Police, it seems those horrible Police Officers were allowed to actually resist being a target  ! How disgraceful is that  ??

1 hour ago, Westley said:

They would support them even less IF they were filled with some corrosive substance.  Then again, it would reduce the numbers of Police being injured and certainly make demonstrators think twice  ??  I note that today the media is FULL of the brutal tactics being used by Police, it seems those horrible Police Officers were allowed to actually resist being a target  ! How disgraceful is that  ??

Of course they are. The Left are only interested in chaos and the Police are the line they need to delete. Its in their interest to discredit the police at every opportunity. 

11 minutes ago, paulinlincs said:

Of course they are. The Left are only interested in chaos and the Police are the line they need to delete. Its in their interest to discredit the police at every opportunity. 

i have no time for lefty nuts but how hard is it to buy a ten bag and slap cuffs on the seller? the police discredit their self! 

I commented on a social media post to say no justification of torchithe Vans and smashing upntge staition, to then be told i was pathetic a racist and a few other interesting things. 

Turns out having a different opinion to these people makes you all sorts of wrong. I said nothing offensive to them but wow they dont like different opinions. 

19 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

I commented on a social media post to say no justification of torchithe Vans and smashing upntge staition, to then be told i was pathetic a racist and a few other interesting things. 

Turns out having a different opinion to these people makes you all sorts of wrong. I said nothing offensive to them but wow they dont like different opinions. 

It used to be called Facism.