Fly rod

snow white

Was out fishing Saturday and broke the top section on my rod this morning phoned up mick bell at blokes rods to see if he had a replacement top section he said he didn’t have but he said he would send me a new blank rod free of charge all I have to do is make it up what a nice company to deal with.

That's great service! I had a lovely little 7ft6 3wt river rod...Shakespeare Trion XT and my wee lad got hold of it and snapped the tip section...discontinued rod so sadly the rod is scrap 😕

1 hour ago, snow white said:

New blank came Tuesday morning only phoned Monday at lunch time less than 24 hours what a service 

11 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

If @Walker570 ever wants to sell that little rod I could be persuaded to part with money, providing the postage to NI isn't prohibitive. 

Hello, the 7.6 4 is a nice size for trout river fishing, I have same in split cane with a silk line, just like fishing the old way sometimes, oh bit like me 😁

18 hours ago, oscarsdad said:

Travel for fishing allowed from Monday! Rivers will probably be brown lol! 

Hello, is that brown in color or fish !!!!!, 

1 hour ago, oscarsdad said:

Probably water colour!

Hello, yes in this Area Thames Water have been polluting the River Windrush to the detriment of river life and fishing, it's where I caught my first wild brownie on a home tied black gnat many many years ago, but anyone who loves fly fishing and wants a nice day or 2 around Salisbury can get a permit around £10 a day, 

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, the 7.6 4 is a nice size for trout river fishing, I have same in split cane with a silk line, just like fishing the old way sometimes, oh bit like me 😁

Hello, is that brown in color or fish !!!!!, 

A split cane is a dream for me, I've watched a guy on YouTube who builds (very expensive) split cane rods in the UK, bannister rods I think they're called, check out his videos, such grace in the cast and how they throw the line.

My late friend used to talk about the cane rods they had to use when he was young and skint, he said you got whatever rod you could afford and load it up with the heaviest weight like you could find to ensure an easy cast 🤣 

6 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

A split cane is a dream for me, I've watched a guy on YouTube who builds (very expensive) split cane rods in the UK, bannister rods I think they're called, check out his videos, such grace in the cast and how they throw the line.

My late friend used to talk about the cane rods they had to use when he was young and skint, he said you got whatever rod you could afford and load it up with the heaviest weight like you could find to ensure an easy cast 🤣 

Hello, they can be expensive if your buying off an English professional cane rod builder, I have  2 old English rods and a nice one made that I gave my son as he is passionate on river fishing for brownies,,  this chap who made it  use to have shop in Hungerford now retired to Wales, I also have 2 more hand made split canes I still use with silk lines when I get chance to fish , these are so well made and from genuine Tonkin grown just for these rods, it would not be a dream to own if I told you where to buy and they make the silk lines to, together with a nice old reel I am sure like me you will enjoy using on the river,