Chassie paint

snow white

Hi lads I am taking the back of my Nissan Navara to weld Chassie plates on next week I am getting everything ready so don’t want be of road to long can you lads please advise me what’s the best paint to use after welding done I am going to wire brush all the metal back so am looking at nice clean steel to paint I have used wax oil but want to change to paint so don’t pick up to much mud.

All advice will be helpful thanks for looking.

before you deceide what paint you are going to use...................wash the area you have prepared down with thinners....so there is NO GREASE CONTAMINATION MOISTURE....then whatever you use will have a good chance...........

personally i would first put on a very good primer....rattle can will do..........and if you use rattle can underseal like Dinatrol or whatever....put the can in  hot water for 5 mins.....it will spray alot better..........................2 or 3 thin coats...

This is the best stuff for bare metal, been using it for years now and even when the topcoat gets worn away this base layer holds firm, it’s a pig to mix it’s soo thick but a drill mixer gets it done. 
https://www.rustins.ltd/rustins/our-products/speciality-paints/anti-corrosion-metal-primer

failing that apparently you can get real red lead from specialty boat places.

I have done this Chassie inside and out twice a year for last six years using wax oil with a compressor bloody messy job before 

I start welding I am going to give Chassie good inspection with little hammer to see how sound it is still not made my mind up 

about doing the job if weather ok tomorrow will get it on ramps and inspect it 

in the case of Nissan is preventions better than cure after it go snapped 🤭

done my old mazda b2500  5yrs ago  with bitumen paint £15 a gallon sprayed on with a compressor and parafin gun       shuts gun if you work really fast and get out  otherwise it will rain on you           sprayed everywhere underneath inc axles and wishbones inc all pipes wheel arches etc still looks good  must do a second cote this year or next would recommend   or you can brush on       have used waxoil and shuts in the past it cracks and moisture gets inside and rusts from inside out