Pard 007

squirrel shooter

Hello, what day scope are you using ? I would start from the beginning, adjust scope dioptre to eye sight, bit of sticky tape to stop moving, fit adapter, start on lowest magnification, adjust scope to get a clear reticule and the use the 007s adjustments to get your eye sight ,distance,  and clarity, my Hawke S/F works best on 6 mag, I don't find a need for extra I/R , i pull the 007s I/R sleeve out half way and can get 250 yard, without using the 007 onboard I/R, and just your torch should get further out, I don't use the screen brightness to high

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

9 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, what day scope are you using ?

Is it massively important what day scope you use?. I know its slightly off topic but I'm saving for a Pard 007 and of course want to make sure its compatible with my day scope.

My son has his pard to fit all his rifles but his scopes are top line, whereas mine are more "budget"

12 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Is it massively important what day scope you use?. I know its slightly off topic but I'm saving for a Pard 007 and of course want to make sure its compatible with my day scope.

My son has his pard to fit all his rifles but his scopes are top line, whereas mine are more "budget"

Hello, most AO and side focus scopes work , if your budget scope is either it will work, the main consideration is adjustment of scope dioptre and the 007s dioptre, if you follow the 007 instructions you should be ok, you might need to tweak the scope adjustments to get the best on the Pard

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

12 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, most AO and side focus scopes work , if your budget scope is either it will work, the main consideration is adjustment of scope dioptre and the 007s dioptre, if you follow the 007 instructions you should be ok, you might need to tweak the scope adjustments to get the best on the Pard

Thanks, all I can do is try it. I just didn't want to waste a shed load of money on a pard if it wouldn't suit the scope. 

1 hour ago, Centrepin said:

I had to go and take a picture as I didn't have a clue.

My son bought it, didn't like it on his Ansuctz so I popped it on an air rifle.

I've not used it yet but was planning on fitting to a  .22LR.

He didn't use it either, just didn't like it.

20210323_124634.jpg

20210323_124701.jpg

20210323_124731.jpg

Hello, it does not look like an AO or side focus scope so will not work with the 007

24 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, it does not look like an AO or side focus scope so will not work with the 007

23 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

No parralax adjustment on that scope, not good .

Might work on 3x at low ranges ?

Thanks. I'll look for a better scope first. I'm in no rush with the nights getting lighter.

6 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Interesting that the pard will work with 'top line' scopes. My Ward add on will not work with the higher quality scopes as they often have too many coatings for the IR. 

The sidewinder scopes are worth looking at as they have side focus, very handy with NV. 

16 hours ago, squirrel shooter said:

I have a pard 007 and really rate it. Lately I've struggled to pick targets up in it, ie foxes. I'm using a Solaris SRX IR and I have the beam adjusted accordingly. I don't know if I've changed my technique or what. Has anyone else had this happen to them? 

Thanks in advance! 

I cant see what would have changed. Is the ir set at a lower level of output? 

16 hours ago, squirrel shooter said:

I have a pard 007 and really rate it. Lately I've struggled to pick targets up in it, ie foxes. I'm using a Solaris SRX IR and I have the beam adjusted accordingly. I don't know if I've changed my technique or what. Has anyone else had this happen to them? 

Thanks in advance! 

Having had good results previously. Could it simply be the weather conditions applicable at the time, i.e. Fogging / misting of the lense?

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Interesting that the pard will work with 'top line' scopes. My Ward add on will not work with the higher quality scopes as they often have too many coatings for the IR. 

The 007s work OK with some top end scopes, not all.
A good rule of thumb though is cheaper the better, less lenses , and density of lens, sometimes its coatings too.
You can normally compensate with loads of IR though.

1 hour ago, Good shot? said:

Having had good results previously. Could it simply be the weather conditions applicable at the time, i.e. Fogging / misting of the lense?

What is it like in daylight/low light ?
Could be an issue with the Solaris ?
Try short range with the on board IR.

I was tearing my hair out one night thinking my 007 was broken, switched it on , and was getting a tiny amount of vision through the scope, trying all kinds of things to get a picture.
As I packed up to go home in disgust , I noticed I hadnt taken the lens cap off my Wraith IR torch, which had a little pin hole in it.....😆