Gunman kills 10 in Grocery store, Colorado

chrisjpainter

11 minutes ago, mellors said:

Hopefully all the new bills for gun reform and ownership going through will reduce this. There is one that is pushing for them to actually have a gun licence and checks. Don't think that'll happen in a hurry. 

Are you related to the Mellors politician that helped to push the pistol ban through in the UK in 1997?

Not one US president has managed to stem the tide of mass shootings , the NRA has too much power and will resist any change to the gun laws , one saw a documentary called Bowling for Colombine , truly horrific, they did an interview with the then NRA president a Mr Charlton Heston and my thoughts about him changed in an instant, what a truly obnoxious, hateful being he came across as 

6 minutes ago, sam triple said:

Not one US president has managed to stem the tide of mass shootings , the NRA has too much power and will resist any change to the gun laws , one saw a documentary called Bowling for Colombine , truly horrific, they did an interview with the then NRA president a Mr Charlton Heston and my thoughts about him changed in an instant, what a truly obnoxious, hateful being he came across as 

Bowling for Columbine is a Michael Moore 'film'  a more left wing , gun hating , democrat supporting individual you will struggle to find.
These days he is a big supporter of antifa and BLM, probably ISIS and al qaeda too knowing him !

Heston at the time was nearly 80, and clearly not of very sound mind, his keen advocacy of the 2nd was the main reason Moore wanted to interview him, as he knew , with his mental state , it would cast the NRA and gun owners in general as 'a bit mental'

I wouldnt judge Heston too harshly, he was a very patriotic man, and believed whole heartedly in gun ownership, and was a much loved American.

2 hours ago, sam triple said:

NRA has no power it has gone bust ! Although a smaller one has been started 

38 minutes ago, Modafinale said:

NRA has no power it has gone bust ! Although a smaller one has been started 

No, it's still got plenty of support and still wields serious political clout. They're filing for bankruptcy to dodge a lawsuit in New York (where it was registered), in which the AG was seeking to have it shut down, claiming the CEO and other high-position members were using it as their own political and personal piggy bank. Initially, the NRA was going to counter-sue over 2nd Amendment rights, but then decided filing for bankruptcy and then resetting up in Texas was far easier and cheaper. The headquarters will remain in Virginia, but its operational base would be in Texas. There will be some significant restructuring within the organisation (enough to satisfy Ch 11 Bankruptcy rules) but essentially it's the same beast but in a different jacket.

Gun control in the US would be nigh on impossible now due to the insane number of guns in circulation. The conversation needed to be had 50 years ago. If I lived the the US I would conceal carry at all times (state permitting) and would never have a restful minute with my children in school. It is a sad state of affairs but seems unfixable, like Brazil 😔

On 23/03/2021 at 09:14, mellors said:

Hopefully all the new bills for gun reform and ownership going through will reduce this.

Was this not a Terrorist act by a peaceful Arab?

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/6-killed-including-1-cop-boulder-grocery-store-shooting-suspect-custody

"When guns are Outlawed, only the Outlaws have guns.

Legislation is only relevant to those who would obey the law and make no impact on lawlessness with guns.

Take the UK for example;  Why outlaw a sawn-off shotgun?  If I want to rob a bank and a sawn-off helps me, then how does a law against that stop me doing it?  I am robbing a bank, I am already am preparing to break the law!  If a sawn-off makes me more likely to be successful, does the law on sawn-offs change anything?

Now, if I am vermin controlling in a small area, a sawn-off may be a really useful thing to have, but guess what?  I can't.

Yours,

RS

I’ll start by saying what happened is not justifiable in any way shape or form but to play devils advocate :- President Biden ordered air strikes in Syria in February ..........Syrian man commits atrocity in grocery store in March.