Old pocket knife collection

Demonic69

A close friend of the family passed away over a year ago. His son has recently sold the house and asked us if there was anything we'd like to take before it all went to the new owner.

Having spent some time chatting about DIY and the making of things, plus hours showing off his tools, I thought he'd appreciate some of his beloved tools going to a loving new home.

There was far more than I could ever fit in my garage and it's a massive shame that some of his old carpentry and joinery tools may end up getting skipped by the new owners. Along with a vise, grinder, hammers and other tools I found this little box of pocket knives. He's served in the RAF and travelled the world, so some of them could be from far flung locales, who knows!

20210318_111732_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20210318_112500_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20210318_112216_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20210318_111915_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20210318_112035_copy_3024x2268.jpg

Nice things.  I have a similar collection passed down (and added to along the way), the earliest being my great grandfathers 21st birthday present, including my grandfather's 21st birthday present, and several of my fathers, plus some modern ones I have added when I have been feeling flush (including the bizarre Wenger Giant).

Just now, Demonic69 said:

I just had to Google that. I'm amazed that it's an actual thing!!!

A friend some years ago had a shop who sold Wenger/Victorinox, so I got it at a favourable price ......... but it remains completely impractical and just a bizarre collectable.