This game isn’t fun for Americans anymore

NoBodyImportant

6 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

America under Republicans have what we call farm subsidies.  Democrats are very anti subsidies. Farm subsidies are basically this.  The government predicts that America will need 100lbs of corn.  So Americans plants 150lbs of corn just incase part of the crop is damaged.  If America only plants the 100lbs it needs and 25% is flooded then 25% of the population starves to death.  But if 150lbs of corn goes to market it will crash the price of corn and next year farmers will not plant any corn.  So the government pays farmers to let 50lbs of corn rot in the field.  So through the use of farm subsidies America controls the cost of food and keeps it low.  

Couldn't you import cheaper food from China?

2 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

Couldn't you import cheaper food from China?

I said America on my explanation but after WW2 America adopted The Bread  Basket of the World doctrine.  We grown enough to provide a buffer for other countries as well.  Even if you wanted to buy from other countries we still have to keep our farms operational.  

8 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

I'd like to know this also ... 

I'm not challenging it ... just want to understand ....

Gas price is base on future speculation.  Biden will ban fracking, shut down offshore drilling, stop pipe line building, and has already started bombing Syria and destabilization of the Middle East. 

Food prices are always cheaper under Republican leadership.  America knows this.  That’s why the everyone started taking pictures of food for the one year trend.  We knew the price of gas, transportation, farming taxes would increase( therefore driving up food cost) under Biden.  But what we did not know was that our food bill would almost double in 2-3 months.  We expected a %25 raise in price over the course of a year. 

59 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Food prices are always cheaper under Republican leadership.  America knows this.  That’s why the everyone started taking pictures of food for the one year trend.  We knew the price of gas, transportation, farming taxes would increase( therefore driving up food cost) under Biden.  But what we did not know was that our food bill would almost double in 2-3 months.  We expected a %25 raise in price over the course of a year. 

Have to ask, did anyone also take pics back in August and say, Nov? 
Just wondering over what period they have been increasing and where you would be placing the blame if by August that they had already markedly increased? 

2 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Have to ask, did anyone also take pics back in August and say, Nov? 
Just wondering over what period they have been increasing and where you would be placing the blame if by August that they had already markedly increased? 

The prices were steady so no.  We would have noticed if food doubled in price.  I just saw a bunch of people on Facebook doing it so it would pop up on the one year ago feed.  Then they could see if they where better off or not. 

2 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Republicans are pro farm subsidies, democrats are against.  Eggs come from farms. 

So what about the $28B subsidy Trump pumped into the farms, where do you claw that back from?

"There you go Joe, I couldn't buy off the farmers so have fun trying to explain this to your average Elmer!"

11 minutes ago, henry d said:

So what about the $28B subsidy Trump pumped into the farms, where do you claw that back from?

"There you go Joe, I couldn't buy off the farmers so have fun trying to explain this to your average Elmer!"

That 28 billion was part of the normal 50-60 billion American pays to farmers every year anyway.  We pay farmers not to harvest their crop and or to sell it at a lower price.  That’s literally the point of farm subsidies.  You pay farmers to grow twice as much as you need incase half the crop is destroyed.  

29 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

The whole point of subsidies is they keep food lower then market price.  That why when you take them away food price raises.  America also subsidizes Central and South American farms also to make the food cheaper is those countries as well. 

The purpose of subsidy is to pay farmers to grow cheaper food 

however they seem to spend the money on huge amounts of machinery to grow even more food to get more subsidies 

ohh and range rovers 

12 hours ago, henry d said:

No it wasn't, read my post, bottom of page 1

I think you need to read the link in your own post properly. 

US farmers get subsidies every year, like CAP, last year they got a little more to cover shortfalls. 

Hardly the straw that broke the camels back, and goes no way to explaining the price increases. 

12 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

The whole point of subsidies is they keep food lower then market price.  That why when you take them away food price raises.  America also subsidizes Central and South American farms also to make the food cheaper is those countries as well. 

Ok, nearly there. 

So now you have to pay for it, you can't constantly go to the money tree and get free money can you?

37 minutes ago, henry d said:

Ok, nearly there. 

So now you have to pay for it, you can't constantly go to the money tree and get free money can you?

For crying out loud 😆

Try telling that to the Labour Party, the lib dems, greens and SNP, who base their entire economic strategy on just that. 

You've heard of taxation? 

Absolute class. 

38 minutes ago, scouser said:

You only have to look at what JOE has done to the border, millions of cheap labour crossing over, reminds me of BLAIR, with his everyone welcome.

everything Blair did was to further his own agenda regardless of the cost to other people........he was on a mission to take over the as president of the EU....that was on the top of his wish list......luckerly the EU saw thro his scheme....................

it was quietly reported that he (in private) was gutted and destroyed that he failed..............but look at the damage he did trying to acheive that

As some of his supporters stated on an  American TV clip ,(My Daughter lives in Seattle), she sent it !

Quote; Donald J Trump is a Genius,,  That's what the J stands for.  

America has the best political system , politicians , police , etc that money can buy. 

Sometimes you  beat the system , but most times the system beats you.