Air Arms TX200 HC

bev6345

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, well made but my least favourite spring air rifle, I have often said why do not AA make a springer like the HW 99 , 👍

A bit heavy for those of certain age.  I only used mine from static locations so it worked well but they are heavy.  My old arthritic fingers also had difficulty loading but I had some gadgets made which simplyfied that.

1 minute ago, Walker570 said:

A bit heavy for those of certain age.  I only used mine from static locations so it worked well but they are heavy.  My old arthritic fingers also had difficulty loading but I had some gadgets made which simplyfied that.

Hello, Yes at 4.1 Kg it's a heavy beast , it's the loading system that I do not find ideal to, can never understand why AA do not make a HW 99 type springer, 

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, well made but my least favourite spring air rifle, I have often said why do not AA make a springer like the HW 99 , 👍

I think an underlever with a fixed barrel is supposed to be more accurate than a brake barrel. not sure how much truth this holds but it has been my general experience.

9 minutes ago, bev6345 said:

I think an underlever with a fixed barrel is supposed to be more accurate than a brake barrel. not sure how much truth this holds but it has been my general experience.

Hello, supposed to be in theory , never found that with quality springers, AA are behind  the times when it come to new air rifles, they most rely on the USA market, their R and D needs updating on what people want in an air rifle, 

7 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, supposed to be in theory , never found that with quality springers, AA are behind  the times when it come to new air rifles, they most rely on the USA market, their R and D needs updating on what people want in an air rifle, 

have to agree with this part about r+d, I think aa need a buddy bottle type gun in the line up and a bullpup thats more streamline than the galahad-maybe more like an fx wildcat-it just looks right. by the way, I am an air arms owner and fan. they did a survey around christmas time about what people want in a gun, but instead of saying "what do you want in a gun?" they asked specific questions that didn't really work.

9 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Mm, my S410 seems to have put on a Covid stone.

6 hours ago, stu64 said:

have to agree with this part about r+d, I think aa need a buddy bottle type gun in the line up and a bullpup thats more streamline than the galahad-maybe more like an fx wildcat-it just looks right. by the way, I am an air arms owner and fan. they did a survey around christmas time about what people want in a gun, but instead of saying "what do you want in a gun?" they asked specific questions that didn't really work.

Hello, that sums up Air Arms ? 🤔👎

On 25/03/2021 at 07:12, oldypigeonpopper said:

Agree 100%. If AA made a nice, light break barrel (similar to the HW95) I’m sure it would be a success. I like the build quality of AA springers, but they are a heavy lump and I also find the loading of them to be a pain, particularly .177 on a cold day. I have a 95 which was an absolute dog out of the box, it runs lovely now after fitting a TBT kit, but I shouldn’t have to do that on a brand new gun. The internals on AA are exceptionally well put together and as I would expect from new. 

A real missed opportunity by AA in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Taileron said:

Agree 100%. If AA made a nice, light break barrel (similar to the HW95) I’m sure it would be a success. I like the build quality of AA springers, but they are a heavy lump and I also find the loading of them to be a pain, particularly .177 on a cold day. I have a 95 which was an absolute dog out of the box, it runs lovely now after fitting a TBT kit, but I shouldn’t have to do that on a brand new gun. The internals on AA are exceptionally well put together and as I would expect from new. 

A real missed opportunity by AA in my opinion.

Hello, yes Air Arms are much behind with springers, a few years back I asked about a new bottle type PCP, they produced the Galahad 🙄, did you know they tried selling one of the mainstay 410 or 510 rifles with 2 air tubes 🤔, with AA it's a case of what they think compared to what buyers want, shame realy

AA do what they do because they do it so well, produce superb PCP's at a reasonable price that, in the real world, will match just about any Air Rifle on the market, yet they get slated for being boring and unimaginative. The market for springers has diminished at the price point where AA would have to market any gun that they have to design and manufacture, dont foget that they refuse to buy into the "assembled from cheap foriegn parts" market. So releasing a Spring gun to a limited market at a price point that you could buy a decent multi shot PCP for and putting your reputation on the line at the same time, I would imagine is not at the top of their priority list. Why do people not keep harrasing Daystate to release a springer? It's always AA.

Edited by bruno22rf

10 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

AA do what they do because they do it so well, produce superb PCP's at a reasonable price that, in the real world, will match just about any Air Rifle on the market, yet they get slated for being boring and unimaginative. The market for springers has diminished at the price point where AA would have to market any gun that they have to design and manufacture, dont foget that they refuse to buy into the "assembled from cheap foriegn parts" market. So releasing a Spring gun to a limited market at a price point that you could buy a decent multi shot PCP for and putting your reputation on the line at the same time, I would imagine is not at the top of their priority list. Why do people not keep harrasing Daystate to releae a springer? It's always AA.

Because daystate are **** 😅

On 26/03/2021 at 08:59, bruno22rf said:

AA do what they do because they do it so well, produce superb PCP's at a reasonable price that, in the real world, will match just about any Air Rifle on the market, yet they get slated for being boring and unimaginative. The market for springers has diminished at the price point where AA would have to market any gun that they have to design and manufacture, dont foget that they refuse to buy into the "assembled from cheap foriegn parts" market. So releasing a Spring gun to a limited market at a price point that you could buy a decent multi shot PCP for and putting your reputation on the line at the same time, I would imagine is not at the top of their priority list. Why do people not keep harrasing Daystate to release a springer? It's always AA.

Not going to disagree with what you say on their pcp guns, I have one, it’s superb. I’m not slating AA at all, just an observation. The market for springers has diminished somewhat however its still there. My local club millride has an air rifle range, which I have used on occasion, virtually to a man everyone has a pcp AND a springer. If daystate did make a spring gun, I wouldn’t buy one based on my previous experience, but if AA made a break barrel I would buy one based on my previous experience.

Concerning AA development, personally I think a size and weight reduced model would do really well?

The difference in carry around between my S200 and S410 Xtra is literally a pain now.

I really need an AA at 30ftlb that weighs S200 or so due to age and distance of quarry, personally shot count is of little importance as 20 shots per outing would be a dream. Bottle in car not on gun? Light weight Bull pup?

I can't fault either and should one fail the repairs are easily obtained locally.

1 hour ago, old man said:

Concerning AA development, personally I think a size and weight reduced model would do really well?

The difference in carry around between my S200 and S410 Xtra is literally a pain now.

I really need an AA at 30ftlb that weighs S200 or so due to age and distance of quarry, personally shot count is of little importance as 20 shots per outing would be a dream. Bottle in car not on gun? Light weight Bull pup?

I can't fault either and should one fail the repairs are easily obtained locally.

Smaller, lighter and more powerful. Have you considered a .22 rimfire? Cheaper as well, and they tend to work forever with very little maintenance.