Air Arms TX200 HC

bev6345

• 2 weeks later...

I have a TX200HC and have offered it on loan to a few pals as, like Walker, I only have enough work for one air rifle and the S410 is superior. In my opinion break barrel air rifles have a simplicity which is unbeatable. Underlevers were the future before PCPs, but when choosing an air rifle now the advantages underlevers have over break barrels are rarely out weighed by their weight and fiddliness otherwise you would choose a PCP. 

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I have a TX200HC and have offered it on loan to a few pals as, like Walker, I only have enough work for one air rifle and the S410 is superior. In my opinion break barrel air rifles have a simplicity which is unbeatable. Underlevers were the future before PCPs, but when choosing an air rifle now the advantages underlevers have over break barrels are rarely out weighed by their weight and fiddliness otherwise you would choose a PCP. 

That is a very good point well presented .

On 04/04/2021 at 17:56, WalkedUp said:

but when choosing an air rifle now the advantages underlevers have over break barrels are rarely out weighed by their weight and fiddliness 

I was out a few weeks back with a mate on the squirrels, he was using his TX200 and I loaned his pro sport. Absolute pain in the a##e trying to put .177 pellets in whilst wearing gloves in cold temperatures. We both wished we were using break barrels that day.

22 minutes ago, Taileron said:

I was out a few weeks back with a mate on the squirrels, he was using his TX200 and I loaned his pro sport. Absolute pain in the a##e trying to put .177 pellets in whilst wearing gloves in cold temperatures. We both wished we were using break barrels that day.

Putting a .177 in any gun in cold weather while wearing gloves is going to be a challenge. but i get your point, the angle you have to load them on a under lever doesn't help.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/03/2021 at 13:53, bev6345 said:

My Review of the Air Arms TX200 HC

Absolutely fantastic stock on that one. Did you get it picked out especially?

I too wish AA would invest in a break barrel design, it can't mean that much R&D spending. Maybe if everyone keeps banging the drum they will come round. 

2 hours ago, theshootist said:

Absolutely fantastic stock on that one. Did you get it picked out especially?

I too wish AA would invest in a break barrel design, it can't mean that much R&D spending. Maybe if everyone keeps banging the drum they will come round. 

it was nice, not picked out special it was just the one shooting sports had on the shelf.