BSA grt....accuracy ?

TRINITY

Hi guys, looking for help and advice

Someone who I know has bought one new and really questioning its accuracy. I have shot it today and i am also coming to the conclusion its lost its accuracy.

Anyone had experience, could it just be a bad example of what is usually a reasonable gun

Thanks

Well it won't be the barrel that's a given .it could have ruined  the scope or slipping mounts  .or could be loose in its stock .

There maybe some slight  barrel play in the breech jaws but very unlikely on a new gun.this only tends to effect 20 year old guns with loads of pellets though them .

I'd look to the scope first .

I had a bsa lightening ruin a cheap scope once .

New quality scope = accuracy  restored .

Edited by Ultrastu

17 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

He got a brand new Hawke scope with the gun. 

I now very little about airguns but I wonder if it could be fastened to a test bench and then fired . If still not grouping well, would that tend to eliminate the scope.

Not if it's a spring gun, it will still bounce all over the place.

Check everything is tight, put the mounts together and check them, maybe try another scope if you can.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Not if it's a spring gun, it will still bounce all over the place.

Check everything is tight, put the mounts together and check them, maybe try another scope if you can.

Its gas ram. 

Thanks so far guys.

Yes we have tried a couple of pellet brand, results still erratic. Yes it's under gaurantee and I will be contacting dealer. I just wanted yo get a bit of advice before I spoke to them. Having to do this on behalf of the owner who cant back to the shop at the moment

Thanks 👍

If I read this right its a brand new gun with new scope? No disrespect intended but I think its more likely the shooter than the gun. my own experience with a break barrel spring gun is that the tighter you hold it the worse the group gets. I couldn't hit a cows a** with a shovel until i adopted a completely different style of shooting. the best way I can describe it is to imagine the whole gun is covered in dogs carp. you really dont want to touch it right? So, let the foreend rest on your front hand-do not hold it or grip it, try not to let your face rest on the gun, barely touch it if possible, and use the lightest grip you can on the pistol grip. Complete opposite of shotgun and rifle shooting. shoot some practice groups and see how you get on. I watched Steve shalley on AEAC channel shooting a springer off a bench-he was hardly touching the gun but got some impressive groups at 50 yards.