holidays at home or eire

Saltings

On 25/03/2021 at 08:26, Walker570 said:

Never been to Ireland and believe it to be very similar to the UK and still not explored all that has to offer.  I think that everyone should look at having a holiday in the UK this summer and the next which would keep the money here in the UK and put many businesses back on their feet. 

Stunning place, I have only been for work and was frustrated to see all of the stunning looking game rivers and bass beaches having not taken any fishing gear with me. I bought a travel rod to take and then didn’t get the chance to go again. Very very friendly, my old man being an ex-copper was concerned about security and that’s why he will not go but everyone I met was very friendly, especially once you are drinking Guinness with them. 

When the world had returned to normal I’ll try to get to the west coast for an Irish fishing trip. 

39 minutes ago, henry d said:

Something a bit left field. Walking Hadrian's wall, you can book accommodation and have your bags transferred ahead of you, it's one of a few long distance walks we want to do.

I like that idea - I’ve been to a short section near Coldstream with the family but I like the idea of walking the length through the cunning scenery.