3 ltr bottle

steve_b_wales

14 fills just topping up to 180bar on my s410 sub 12. My FAC Airwolf is 230Bar fill. I'm not sure 280bar for yours is correct Steve, do you mean 28000psi?  (193bar) Most of the research throws up 200 bar for a fill, not 280bar. I would guess again, as yours will have a longer air cylinder on the rifle, again you will get less. Prob around 6-11 at a guess. 

On 30/03/2021 at 16:28, steve_b_wales said:

I've just checked the rifle (Air Arms S410 Xtra) and it's shows 250psi on the gauge. My air bottle shows 400 Bar.  I'm not sure what pressure I used to put in the rifle, but I believe it was 180, as this was recommended to me.

Not understanding here? 250 bar on rifle and 300 bar from bottle maybe?

2 hours ago, old man said:

Not understanding here? 250 bar on rifle and 300 bar from bottle maybe?

The figures are all over the place......The gauge on the rifle doesn't show 250 psi as thats only 17 bar. The fill pressure on the rifle will be close to 200bar, not psi. The bottle might have a higher test pressure than 300bar, but as far as I know, there isn't a bottle that can be filled to over 300bar, even carbon.

Steve, you really need to understand this info to avoid wrecking your rifle at best or worse, having things go horribly wrong.

180 be fine. Think 190 would be max. Shoot a string a find the sweet spot, assuming it's not regulated, which I'm guessing will be 170-140 ish. Then just top up to that each time. If your only shooting 15-20 each outing it could stay in the ss for a few trips. 

Check your gun guage but mine reads bar same as the guage on the bottle. Bottle filled to 300 gun filled to 175 to allow for a few sighters. (sub 12 but same applies) 

Edited by Mr.C

You can download a manual from Air Arms for discontinued AAS410 EXTRA fac. The manual states rifle cylinder (capacity about 216cc) will blow off if filled to 250 bar, rendering cylinder kaput.

Rifle fill pressure should be max 200 bar as show on cylinder gauge not rifle gauge and top up  depending on sweet spot etc.

Check for yourself on Air Arms site.

Edited by Good shot?