Alex Belfield

countryman

Is any one else following this guy on YouTube, he is a BBC whistle blower and the voice of reason. I watched him film to day where the Police have relived him of his front door, I can’t get my head around what’s happening here to this guy, are the BBC really that powerful. 

Edited by countryman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, countryman said:

Is any one else following this guy on YouTube, he is a BBC whistle blower and the voice of reason. I watched him film to day where the Police have relived him of his front door, I can’t get my head around what’s happening here to this guy, are the BBC really that powerful. 

Police have relived him of his front door,  thought it was only Burnley Dave that did this!

5 arrests, 3 house searches, tens of thousands worth of equipment confiscated. Not one charge or Warrant. All at the behest of the BBC without any proof besides their word. He was supposed to be in court on Monday but has been put back a month (this happened today)

I have donated to Alex as well as being on a phone in and it is a highlight of the week and one of the few thing the wife and I watch together. 

I wonder how we would cope with this type of harassment 

Edited by discobob

14 minutes ago, discobob said:

5 arrests, 3 house searches, tens of thousands worth of equipment confiscated. Not one charge or Warrant. All at the behest of the BBC without any proof besides their word. He was supposed to be in court on Monday but has been put back a month (this happened today)

I have donated to Alex as well as being on a phone in and it is a highlight of the week and one of the few thing the wife and I watch together. 

I wonder how we would cope with this type of harassment 

if the police don’t have a charge and make it stick the bbc and police will be facing a massive compo claim and rightly so 

I've been watching his shows and agree with much that he says, but this stuff about the arrests is beginning to strain my credulity. Either it is all as completely mad,  unmotivated, and illegal as he claims, in which case it's a hell of a story. On the other hand he has a long record of suing people, or threatening very vociferously to do so. It seems impossible to find out the nature of the charges on which he is repeatedly being arrested. I'd wait for more details before responding to his continual requests for money.

6 hours ago, johnWin said:

I've been watching his shows and agree with much that he says, but this stuff about the arrests is beginning to strain my credulity. Either it is all as completely mad,  unmotivated, and illegal as he claims, in which case it's a hell of a story. On the other hand he has a long record of suing people, or threatening very vociferously to do so. It seems impossible to find out the nature of the charges on which he is repeatedly being arrested. I'd wait for more details before responding to his continual requests for money.

This. I’m not really that interested in him to be honest, and as much as I’m not a fan of the organisation that is the Beeb, I find it very hard to believe all these raids, arrests etc are for no reason other than his criticism of that organisation. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I find it very hard to believe all these raids, arrests etc are for no reason other than his criticism of that organisation. 🤷‍♂️

Yea I don't know what to make of it either.

On the one hand, nothing would surprise me...on the other, surely they're getting terrible advice if someone has decided to conduct some kind of vendetta against him.

Time for him to publish and be dammed I think; not sure why he's holding on to what ever explosive material he has on the BBC.  'Saving it for his court appearance' isn't usually something journalists have to do.

13 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Time for him to publish and be dammed I think; not sure why he's holding on to what ever explosive material he has on the BBC.  'Saving it for his court appearance' isn't usually something journalists have to do.

Exactly. 

• 2 months later...

Not really paying much attention to this, but I will be now... 

A new article caught my eye about said individual in court in Notts, basically to have a 'stalking prevention order' placed on him, with 10 plaintiffs..... And was promptly dropped... 

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/nottingham-man-alex-belfield-court-5519320

Sounds like suppressive fire to me? 

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect this but heres an update.

I did follow his case fairly closely , he longed for his day in court , and got to trial a couple of months ago.
Some cases were dropped, and some fairly obvious lies about him were put to bed, however , he was found guilty of 'simple stalking' on most of the charges .
Apparently he crowd funded £300,000 to pay legal fees, but mostly attempted to represent himself, there are questions about the wisdom , and where all the money went.

Bearing in mind , there where no threats of violence, or physical contact , the harassment consisted of emails and social media content, much of it in response to slanderous content directed at him, he was yesterday jailed for five and a half years !
All individual sentences to run consecutively , and a barrage of civil claims following , for the distress he caused his victims.

I wont bleat about how you can literally kill someone and get less, or mention the multitude of far more serious sentences, that garner suspended sentences , and community orders, but does anyone else suspect that his becoming an anti establishment figure, means he was made an example of ?