You know you’ve got dogs when

bigbird

Did'nt end there though, he destroyed the sofa's, some of the carpets, a handfull of stair posts, a pair of bike boots (Alpinestars) and the corner of one wall. We ended up having him during the day so we could keep an eye on him, worked fine for a couple of weeks but then he started digging up my lawn, just in one place. After shouting at him several hundred times over the coming weeks he still headed for the same spot when he thought nobody was looking so one morning (being clever) I laid my ladder over the patch of grass that he so loved then sat down indoors well chuffed with myself. About 20 minutes later the other half shouts that he's digging the lawn again so I rushed outside to discover that he had dug a row of square holes in my lawn....he had to go.

47 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Did'nt end there though, he destroyed the sofa's, some of the carpets, a handfull of stair posts, a pair of bike boots (Alpinestars) and the corner of one wall. We ended up having him during the day so we could keep an eye on him, worked fine for a couple of weeks but then he started digging up my lawn, just in one place. After shouting at him several hundred times over the coming weeks he still headed for the same spot when he thought nobody was looking so one morning (being clever) I laid my ladder over the patch of grass that he so loved then sat down indoors well chuffed with myself. About 20 minutes later the other half shouts that he's digging the lawn again so I rushed outside to discover that he had dug a row of square holes in my lawn....he had to go.

Someone on our street has bought a Dalmatian over lockdown.

The woman literally runs with it down the street (not by choice) as it pulls her along on its harness and long lead. 

They seem to have employed a dog trainer who is not making any sort of difference. 

Those dogs are supposed to (or used to) run alongside carriages to many miles, keep up with the horse and carriage and defend the owner if needed. 

Just can’t see a 15 minute lead walk like most people want to do with their dogs cutting it.  

Our old dog was a chewer and eater . The most damage that he ever did in one session was , living room and hall carpets , living room and bedroom curtains,  mattress , clothes , three crash helmets , sofa and chair seat cushions , a collection of about 200 vinyl albums , and the toilet seat . He destroyed most of our home in about three hours , it was devastating (we had no home insurance ).  If it hadn't been for my late wife saving him , he would have been getting the last rites.

Over the years , he ate , several mobile phones ( every last piece including batteries ) , several dining room tables (bottoms of the legs) , any food whatsoever( even English mustard , and the plastic pot that it came in ) . One of the most memorable things that he ate , was a 4kg catering tub of butter ( and the yellow plastic tub) , and one of the funniest things he ever ate , was a bowl of cherries sprinkled with pepper ( to try to stop him stealing food)  , he also ate the tub of pepper. 

He was the nicest dog in the world , but he pushed me past my limits many times.

24 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Someone on our street has bought a Dalmatian over lockdown.

The woman literally runs with it down the street (not by choice) as it pulls her along on its harness and long lead. 

They seem to have employed a dog trainer who is not making any sort of difference. 

Those dogs are supposed to (or used to) run alongside carriages to many miles, keep up with the horse and carriage and defend the owner if needed. 

Just can’t see a 15 minute lead walk like most people want to do with their dogs cutting it.  

Made fashionable by bau Brummell 😊👍

Edited by Old farrier

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

A brand new pair of broughs and a hand carved walking stick a phone and charger pair of glasses gearleaver and a pair of hearing aides and the truck seat not bad for one session while I had a cup of tea and left him asleep in the truck 

There were some other sessions 

B1AB8614-61E1-474D-842B-8ACC684B8B82.jpeg

Sorry - there caption has to be "What" we off hunting now ?

2 hours ago, Fatcatsplat said:

Many years ago, my stepdaughter's boxer ate through the kitchen wall while she was out - In typical boxer fashion, he ignored the gate that he could have pushed over or jumped over and ate his way through a breeze block and plaster wall! 

😅😅😅

My wife bought me an expensive new shooting coat for my birthday. I drove down to Devon with dogs loaded one side of the divided boot and all my kit the other. We had a new puppy for the first time in 4 years and it was her first overnight trip. I was so used to having dogs not pups that I didn’t even think about chewing. Next morning I went to put my shooting coat on and it had dozens of ragged holes in it where she had pulled it through the mesh for and chewed a section. Looked like Swiss cheese.