Good dog story , ........for a change

sam triple

I first spotted her last year whilst walking my pup , there was a lady  with a black lab being walked on a lead along with a golden retriever , as I got closer I could see her lab had no eyes , fast forward a year with the mornings being so much lighter we’ve bumped into each other again , it turns out her lab was born with detached retinners , the then owners took her to the vets where this lady works , they had a choice of having her eyes removed or having her destroyed , they opted to her have her destroyed ,this lady stepped in and took her on and had her eyes taken out , and I’ve got to say what a great decision it was , she’s an absolute cracking dog her hearing and sense of smell seem second to none and to see her play with my dog you’d never think there was anything wrong with her , So a big round of applause to this lady for giving this beautiful dog a chance of having a happy life

1 hour ago, sam triple said:

I first spotted her last year whilst walking my pup , there was a lady  with a black lab being walked on a lead along with a golden retriever , as I got closer I could see her lab had no eyes , fast forward a year with the mornings being so much lighter we’ve bumped into each other again , it turns out her lab was born with detached retinners , the then owners took her to the vets where this lady works , they had a choice of having her eyes removed or having her destroyed , they opted to her have her destroyed ,this lady stepped in and took her on and had her eyes taken out , and I’ve got to say what a great decision it was , she’s an absolute cracking dog her hearing and sense of smell seem second to none and to see her play with my dog you’d never think there was anything wrong with her , So a big round of applause to this lady for giving this beautiful dog a chance of having a happy life

Nice to hear about it, and well done to the lady who rescued the dog. 

Edited by steve_b_wales

That is a very nice story and still some good people about.

One of the farms I go to have an alsatian and she has gone blind. She is relatively young and every active. I have pictures on my trail cams all over the farm where she goes for alook round.  She does have funny moments when she walks into something which is not normally there as she knows every single normally staic object in the large dairy farm yard and on hearing an engine she freezes and stands still, so you drive around her.  To see here walk around the place you would not know she was blind.  Particularly when she gives a few warning barks to anyone unknown.