Just ordered some 10.5grain slugs

figgy

Just ordered some Precision Ballistics slugs.

Some members on agf forum have been testing them and they've just been released late yesterday.

£12.00 per 100 plus £2.00 postage two packs postage drops to £2.75

Worth a try for anyone looking to try them, being the same as a heavy pellet they look to be the best option at this time.

Be very quick in a fac gun.

Edited by figgy

20 minutes ago, figgy said:

Some members on agf forum have been testing them and they've just been released late yesterday.

Worth a try for anyone looking to try them, being the same as a heavy pellet they look to be the best option at this time.

It will be interesting to see how you get on with them, expensive though, about the same price as .22 rimfire ammunition.

57 minutes ago, figgy said:

It would be interesting to find out what ft/lb they would produce in my FAC air rifle. 

33 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Been told slugs need special barrels - is that the case with these? 10.5 gn would be .177 ya?

There is a massive thread running on the Agf, I'm only on the second page but the fella who has been testing them has used an ultra and AA410

2 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Where did u order the 10.5 ones from ?

Sales link on the Agf

Cheers Nice I been busy, just got back on here.

They tested them in law and other barrels, only barrel not tested is the FX liner.

Yes .177 10.5 grain and if you look at the targets they look very good and a few are going to try them for hft shooting.

In fac the muzzle energy will be similar to jsb heavy, downrange much better due to higher BC.

At the moment at £12.00 not cheap but much better than some are charging.

Other makers are doing 13 grain Ultrastu and heavier if it's more ftlb you want.

Thought these would appeal being lightest available.

I thought to get slugs to work , you need speed which in sub 12 would be , about 715 FPS 

As for hft ,once again I thought slugs are better at longer distance & don’t group that well at short distance, that could result in a miss at 30 yards 

Christ , only pay £7 per hundred for Norma.22lr ammo 

Edited by villaman

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, very interesting figgy thanks for posting, is that only 177 ????? , How did the come up with the design shape ? and making the molds ?, I could see FAC in 22 popular 

There are already slugs available in 22 and 177 but these are a new design from a new company with the weight at 10.5, the others available are heavier.

715 fps should be OK. 

I shoot the 13 grn ones from 770 - 810 fps and they group very well .

So normal .177 pellet speeds .

The very high bc of these slugs give them a trajectory  as flat as very fast pellets 

So 800 fps slug has the same trajectory  as a jsb exact at 920 fps  

2 hours ago, ratchers said:

Would these work well out of my ultra se .177 sub 12?

They've been shot out of an ultra by one of the testers, but only to 25mtrs,  plenty of lads ordering them, Figgy included so there will be loads of feed back on how they perform. 

@figgy the pigeon watch Guinea pig 😅😅

Mice I can't wait to try them. Especially at longer range, they look very promising.

Wildman are making some interesting slugs and so are pro hunter but all are heavier and more suited to fac.

Villaman check out wildman slugs they are doing a 17.something grain .22 along with other Cal's too.

Edited by figgy

5 hours ago, figgy said:

Mice I can't wait to try them. Especially at longer range, they look very promising.

Wildman are making some interesting slugs and so are pro hunter but all are heavier and more suited to fac.

Villaman check out wildman slugs they are doing a 17.something grain .22 along with other Cal's too.

Tried wildman slugs and pro hunter slugs in .25 absolutely rubbish, not willing to give them any more of my money, specially when you have H&N & JSB producing fantastic slugs in .22 & .25 , at really good price as well 

5 hours ago, Mice! said:

There is a sales thread on the Agf,  you need to order them from there, two packs per member. 

Trouble is I am banned for life 😂

6 minutes ago, villaman said:

Tried wildman slugs and pro hunter slugs in .25 absolutely rubbish, not willing to give them any more of my money, specially when you have H&N & JSB producing fantastic slugs in .22 & .25 , at really good price as well 

Trouble is I am banned for life 😂

Were you a very naughty boy?

Not sure if they are being sold on the bbs as well?

27 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Were you a very naughty boy?

Not sure if they are being sold on the bbs as well?

Tell him to start selling on here 😁

mod took a dislike to my comment to him so banned me . It’s one of the worst forums, it’s like a kids play ground plus a few on there think they know everything and what ever you say is wrong 

example , when I revived my FAC license, it came with no restrictions, in other words open ticket for FAC air , then six months later put in for variation for .22lr & 17 HMR , these were opened as well  . One member btvs said impossible , so I showed him what it said  and accused me of downloading it from the internet  ***** 

Edited by villaman

You need someone who isn't looking to use slugs to purchase some for you and give your address for delivery.  I've used my two bag allowance.

I've been temp banned for telling about when a teen in the 80's playing shoot your mates with airguns and the like. Never aimed at anything vital, waist down only. Got put on naughty step for irresponsible behaviour or some such. But as with this forum.  Rules are set and we abide by them.

On 27/03/2021 at 21:10, villaman said:

Tell him to start selling on here 😁

mod took a dislike to my comment to him so banned me . It’s one of the worst forums, it’s like a kids play ground plus a few on there think they know everything and what ever you say is wrong 

sums the place up perfectly police state run by a small clique intent on bullying anyone  who can think for their self sooner everyone comes over to here the better