Just ordered some 10.5grain slugs

figgy

So if my calculations are correct these 10.5 grn slugs with a bc of around 0.05 (best guess atm) should have a similar trajectory as a normal 8.4 grn jsb pellet the higher bc making up for the reduction in velocity 

Presuming the muzzle energies are similar out your gun to the pellets. 

So 11.5 fpe .700 fps slug same trajectory as 11.5 fpe 780 fps pellet .

Both with a 35 yd trajectory .

For my fac that would be 800 fps slug =920 fps pellet .both around 15 - 16 fpe  

I can certainly  see the appeal for sub 12 users (apart from the cost which is around£60 for 500 

So 6x more expensive that pellets 

At that ridiculous price for sub 12 is never worth it . Same with wildman and pro hunter slugs . Let’s hope H&N & JSB come out with them  and the price will be far cheaper and  there  slugs  work brilliantly  , just like H&N & JSB slugs in .22 & .25  , brilliant , unlike the other two I mentioned 

Edited by villaman

How can u say wildman and prohunter slugs are rubbish ?.

Just because u have tested a couple of slugs through  one gun is hardly definitive testing. 

Until you have tried all the slugs in I'd say at least 5 different guns per cal then your statement is massively under qualified .

Simple example -mate and I shot the 13 grn prohunter ones out of our .177 bsa fac s 

The only difference between mine and his it my barrel is longer .mine loves the slugs his does not .

As for cost I don't blame small cottage industries who have gotten in before the big boys  and are making a few pennies .

I'd say when jsb etc do get the right slugs to market  then these small businesses  will need to compete of fail. 

I don't really get the cost issue,  yes they are dearer but people are paying four figures for airguns which means cost isn't the issue, plenty of these slugs have been ordered with a couple of threads running on them, from testing to hunting and I'm sure over the next few weeks there are going to be a lot more people giving their thoughts on them.

For me 30mtrs is pretty much my max so I'm happy using heavies,  I think its going to be the guys who are shooting out to 50 and beyond that these slugs appeal to. 

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

How can u say wildman and prohunter slugs are rubbish ?.

Just because u have tested a couple of slugs through  one gun is hardly definitive testing. 

Until you have tried all the slugs in I'd say at least 5 different guns per cal then your statement is massively under qualified .

Simple example -mate and I shot the 13 grn prohunter ones out of our .177 bsa fac s 

The only difference between mine and his it my barrel is longer .mine loves the slugs his does not .

As for cost I don't blame small cottage industries who have gotten in before the big boys  and are making a few pennies .

I'd say when jsb etc do get the right slugs to market  then these small businesses  will need to compete of fail. 

Hardly couple of slugs and not in one gun either , you need to know facts before making sweeping comments like you do 

30 minutes ago, figgy said:

I see your on the list of the Mako slug buyers Mice.

Not just me being a guinea pig then 😂👍

Not for me though , for someone else to test them out, like I said above heavies do what I need for the distance I shoot, I am interested to see how they perform though.

37 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

And there was me thinking I was pulling you up on the sweeping statements .

Oh well .🙄

Mine is not sweeping statements, I will tell it how I find it , if you don’t like it well tuff **** .

you don’t seem to take others views to well , same when you were on the BSA forum 

And you have been winding people up for years on any social  medium you come across .the trail you have left in your wake is wide and long  .that's just a fact with which u must agree  ? 

Any way .I for one are very happy that small uk businesses are making these slugs and bringing them to market yeah there is obviously  a certain amount of end user r+d  but that's airgunning for you anyway .

Screenshot_20210330-172115_Google.jpg

37 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

And you have been winding people up for years on any social  medium you come across .the trail you have left in your wake is wide and long  .that's just a fact with which u must agree  ? 

Any way .I for one are very happy that small uk businesses are making these slugs and bringing them to market yeah there is obviously  a certain amount of end user r+d  but that's airgunning for you anyway .

Screenshot_20210330-172115_Google.jpg

Like I said , I will tell it as it is , if people don’t like it , well tuff . I have been doing that all my life , all 60 years of it and own a very successful business for the past 40 years  , never had a complaint about my attitude in all that time  , I must be doing something wrong 😂😂