Tungsten Super Shot (TSS) #7 on a Fox 35 Yards

mchughcb

This looks like an exhilarating form of shooting - I bet the adrenaline races strongly at times!  You must have to know the land and each others' positions very well shooting into cover with the foxes being driven at you.  Hopefully no friendly fire incidents with your dogs!

I was going to ask about the issue of foxes over there, and why the focus on them, but decided not to be so lazy and did a bit of googling.  They obviously never realised back in the 1850s that introducing the red fox would have such an ecological impact.

I'm curious about the colouring of some of those foxes because we don't see that over here.  I'm wondering if it's because the gene pool was so limited to begin with, and it's a symptom of inter-breeding?  Or maybe after all these years they're evolving to a colour more suited to their environment?

Your mate at the end there, I hope you gave him a good ribbing for all the flies buzzing round his a**e 🤣

The foxes can range from dark red to sandy ginger. The flies were out that day as it got warmer. As we move into winter there will be less of them.

Self filming while hunting is very difficult. After years of hunting we know where to put people where the highest chance of getting a clean safe shot.