Scousers At It Again

billytheghillie

After last months terrible accident in the Lake District, which left one of the rescue team in a wheelchair they are it again.  Over the weekend a group of Scousers  went to the Lakes and left the place like a rubbish tip, fires, tents, bags of waste and human waste all left for some poor sod to tidy up.  Hope they get there comeuppance!

3 minutes ago, sam triple said:

The incident with the rescue team member was horrendous, but as for the rest of it ,  I think it’s the same everywhere just a breakdown in decent human behaviour , I was out early last weekend bottles and rubbish everywhere and a bin no more than 10 yds away 

Quite. I don’t think scousers have the monopoly on littering. 

Not just scousers. This last supposed lockdown has brought loads of extra ‘families’ to one of the last countryside areas where I live and it’s been ruined with discarded rubbish, dog **** and motor bikes. Some people have just no perspective about respect and value for others and the place we live in. Why is there always a discarded used nappy?

3 hours ago, Blackpowder said:

The sooner they can all get back to Costa del whatever the better.

Blackpowder

I dont think its that , but it would help!  I think that 'self discipline' , Respect for others , and manners are decreasing by each generation.

Badly behaved , undisciplined children/puppies/monkeys, basically any species , grow up to be ?....................................................................................................................!

We have just had an 85 year old gran , visiting her husbands grave , beaten up , for asking someone not to litter, in the graveyard.

There are simply no longer any 'consequences' , for behaving badly, aggressively, violently, or basically however the mood takes you.

We are witnessing the gradual breakdown of a decent Society, born from the draconian laws from a couple of centuries ago.  When people were simply

afraid to misbehave, because there were , CONSEQUENCES.   

On the other hand,  I work p/time on a golf course,  virtually every evening during lockdown local teens have been coming on drinking bottles and having McDonalds etc. Every bit of there litter has gone into the bins provided near where they hang about. Can't knock em 1 bit.

S

There could very well be a correlation between the kack being left lying around and the lack of foreign holidays, I mean you only need to see the news reports of how a lot of these people behave in the costa del wherever drinking themselves silly and going mad disrespecting the locals to see that no matter where they go they will have no respect for their surroundings

With regard to the awful tragedy in the Lake District regarding the member of the mountain rescue team, one of the people was from Liverpool, the other was from Leicester.

Disrespect of the countryside can be found everywhere. I stopped on a layby along Loch Lomond the other year, the rubbish tipped over the stone wall included builders waste and a full size cooker. Hardly the stuff that you pack for a week of camping in The Trossachs!

lets face it, this country as gone to the dogs, I know this is a little off topic but I watched a program the other night where a Polish guy was shot in the chest by some black guy on drugs, the Polish guy said this country had become so bad since he arrived here some 25 years ago that he was going back to Poland as it was safer.

1 hour ago, old'un said:

lets face it, this country as gone to the dogs, I know this is a little off topic but I watched a program the other night where a Polish guy was shot in the chest by some black guy on drugs, the Polish guy said this country had become so bad since he arrived here some 25 years ago that he was going back to Poland as it was safer.

Yes in Poland I would imagine it is much safer, but it wasn't always

It is not a problem that is unique to the countryside, the city parks have taken more that their fair share of idiots littering the entire park. From report pictures that I have seen,  it would appear that the average age of said idiots is around 20 years of age. Forgive me if I am wrong, BUT, is this not the age group who are supposedly going to save the planet  ?   Electric cars, no plastic bags ( :lol: ), you name it and they are trying to ban it, including lead. All of the parks that were affected seemed to have been cleaned up by volunteers of a much older age group. If these people are intent on saving the planet, I am glad that I will not be around to witness the fruit of their labours  !

On 01/04/2021 at 19:31, Westley said:

It is not a problem that is unique to the countryside, the city parks have taken more that their fair share of idiots littering the entire park. From report pictures that I have seen,  it would appear that the average age of said idiots is around 20 years of age. Forgive me if I am wrong, BUT, is this not the age group who are supposedly going to save the planet  ?   Electric cars, no plastic bags (  ), you name it and they are trying to ban it, including lead. All of the parks that were affected seemed to have been cleaned up by volunteers of a much older age group. If these people are intent on saving the planet, I am glad that I will not be around to witness the fruit of their labours  !

👍

Was talking to a local woman the other day while dog walking, who was carrying a bin bag and kept delving into the hedgerows til I caught up to her. Turns out she regularly collects litter around the hedgerows of our village. 
It shouldn’t be necessary, but it is. Good for her. I intend to do the same. 

My neighbour goes out once a month or so and picks the litter up off the lane/public footpath - they are a retired couple. 

Last year, I saw a guy on a bicycle that had two bottles of booze in his hand. Something was not right so I went onto the lane and looked down. About 100 yards away I could see something and it twigged, it was a box with the smashed remains of the contents of that box 😞

It took me ages to brush it up - a lot of people with kids and dogs use the lane (including ourselves). Neighbours went by (from the big houses at the top) or went through the estate to avoid that stretch - not one offered to help.

On 04/04/2021 at 19:24, Scully said:

Was talking to a local woman the other day while dog walking, who was carrying a bin bag and kept delving into the hedgerows til I caught up to her. Turns out she regularly collects litter around the hedgerows of our village. 
It shouldn’t be necessary, but it is. Good for her. I intend to do the same. 

Hello, there's a few people who do that around here, and one is a young lady with her dog picking up litter on the fields beside the Thames, I will walk down later to see what rubbish is left behind, saying that it's only a small waste bin for 3 fields and most times full of dog P**

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

17 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, there's a few people who do that around here, and one is a young lady with her dog picking up litter on the fields beside the Thames, I will walk down later to see what rubbish is left behind, saying that it's only a small waste bin for 3 fields and most times full of dog P**

I was out again early this morning at the same place as before once again the local oiks had trashed the place bottles and carp everywhere, and there was a lovely blonde young lady cleaning it up , I stopped and thanked her she replied “ no one wants to see this “ , so full credit to her 

1 hour ago, sam triple said:

I was out again early this morning at the same place as before once again the local oiks had trashed the place bottles and carp everywhere, and there was a lovely blonde young lady cleaning it up , I stopped and thanked her she replied “ no one wants to see this “ , so full credit to her 

Hello, it goes to show there's still good people in uk, interesting both young ladies