Scousers At It Again

billytheghillie

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, it goes to show there's still good people in uk, interesting both young ladies 

Not just in the UK. 

My Oregonian friend takes a black bag, a pair of rubber gloves and a grabber on his daily dog walks and litterpicks his local streets

I joined him, the last time we were over there, and, putting on my best RP accent, persuaded an inquisitive local that this was all part of an "Empah" initiative to clean up America.

4 minutes ago, amateur said:

Not just in the UK. 

My Oregonian friend takes a black bag, a pair of rubber gloves and a grabber on his daily dog walks and litterpicks his local streets

I joined him, the last time we were over there, and, putting on my best RP accent, persuaded an inquisitive local that this was all part of an "Empah" initiative to clean up America.

Hello, maybe we should have on the curriculum of all the junior schools in uk, 

Just now, sam triple said:

She was out again this morning with bin bag and new purchased litter picker saying “ I don’t have to touch it any more” ,

Hello, deserves a medal in this cold weather,at least a hot coffee, 👍, that said if we did not have these litter dropping morons it would be a better place, 

39 minutes ago, sam triple said:

She was out again this morning with bin bag and new purchased litter picker saying “ I don’t have to touch it any more” ,

We have a common in the village. Cricket pitch in the middle. Often left with one or two sports bottles and tape etc. My boys are like Wombles and always shuttling around cleaning it up. Frustrates me as I then need to clean their hands but pleased that they are so public spirited. It’s drummed into them in school to “be responsible” as they put it. They were sad when I coppiced a tree in a release pen with them there as “cutting down trees makes the polar bears’ homes smaller”. 

10 hours ago, London Best said:

I would be having a sharp word with their stupid teacher.

I think for 4 year olds and 6 year olds the simplification is acceptable, even if the nuance of sustainable coppicing and carbon capture is limped in with Amazonian deforestation. 

A friend’s daughter came home from school one day and told him that Miss So and So says that you shouldn’t be involved in shooting, Daddy, because......blah, blah, blah. 

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when, next morning, he marched into said teacher’s classroom and told her she was wanted immediately in the Headmaster’s study, where he proceeded to instruct them both in exactly where their jurisdiction lay with regard to their pupil’s father’s fully legal activities.

The fragmentation of media means we can no longer rely on government funded public information films to remind us of what is expected of us. I grew up knowing to stay away from pylons and electricity sub stations, deep water and strangers. I also knew to keep Britain tidy and to follow the Country Code. I still have a badge that says "I don't play on the railways". There was a lot of indoctrination in the 1980s and that had been abandoned. 

5 hours ago, ehb102 said:

The fragmentation of media means we can no longer rely on government funded public information films to remind us of what is expected of us. I grew up knowing to stay away from pylons and electricity sub stations, deep water and strangers. I also knew to keep Britain tidy and to follow the Country Code. I still have a badge that says "I don't play on the railways". There was a lot of indoctrination in the 1980s and that had been abandoned. 

That advert with the scary monk in the mist , gave me xxxxxxx nightmares for years as a child  .  I can laugh about it now , but it wasn't funny back then.

I'm in complete agreement with you though ,  those public information films meant that everyone got the same message 👍