Cfe 223 powder

Hi all.

I've started using CFE 223 powder in my cz 223.

I using 55gr vmax with 26gr of CFE 223.

Not getting great accuracy, is anyone using the same load or has anyone had better results with different powder weights.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

1 hour ago, robgee said:

Hi all.

I've started using CFE 223 powder in my cz 223.

I using 55gr vmax with 26gr of CFE 223.

Not getting great accuracy, is anyone using the same load or has anyone had better results with different powder weights.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Vary the powder charge, dont expect to get amazing loads just because thats what the book says. load at 0.5 grain weight increments, i would do batches of 3s thats enough to see if they are any good or not. Not the decent groups and work on those, i knock up batches of 5's at this point, then you can start to vary the bullet seating depth by 0.001 increments. 

The most important tool in your box will be a note pad and pencil. Keep notes of every change made and the results, when i develop loads i keep all the targets (of good loads) together with all the measurements including powder charge, bullet weight, primer, seating depth, case make and velocity. 

53 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I use 26.5 for my AR15,  but I’m just blasting away and not really going for accuracy.  I can hit a human size steel gong at 300yards and that’s all I ask it to do.  

Lol.

You would be missing all of our little critters then.