Beretta A400

tramline

I have an Xtrema 2 Beretta which i believe has the same (or near enough) gas piston system as the 400 series,i ran 2 full boxes of Hull Comp  X 28gm 7.5's through it without any problems,i doubt you'll experience any problems,i also doubt you'll regret buying an A400,enjoy!

3 hours ago, 51/50 said:

I have an Xtrema 2 Beretta which i believe has the same (or near enough) gas piston system as the 400 series,i ran 2 full boxes of Hull Comp  X 28gm 7.5's through it without any problems,i doubt you'll experience any problems,i also doubt you'll regret buying an A400,enjoy!

Agree 100 percent the A400 fantastic guns for clays pigeons or waterfowl you won’t regret buying one ☝️ 

19 hours ago, tramline said:

Hi all, thinking of getting a A400 Exel. Does anybody know what there like shooting 2 1/2" cartridges . One of the grounds i shoot at only let you shoot with Hull comp x due to noise restraints and didnt know if i would get cycling issues.   Thanks

Any chance this is Lains shooting school 

I went there with my beretta a400 

And had problem on every stand 

sorry for the bad one but don’t want you turning up like I did to have to shoot one at a time 

2 hours ago, farmboy807 said:

sorry for the bad one but don’t want you turning up like I did to have to shoot one at a time 

Hi thanks for the info and yes it is Lains. A long time ago i had a 391 which wouldn't cycle the Hull cartridges they used and wondered if the A400 would be better.I don't want to have the same problems so maybe stick to the o/u.

12 hours ago, tramline said:

Hi thanks for the info and yes it is Lains. A long time ago i had a 391 which wouldn't cycle the Hull cartridges they used and wondered if the A400 would be better.I don't want to have the same problems so maybe stick to the o/u.

Like I say don’t want to put you of I love my a400 don’t really do clays but at bisley cycles 2 3/4 easy 

but lains 2 1/2 don’t want to know 

more than happy to arrange a meet there one day and you can try mine and see etc but only took it once there 

35 minutes ago, farmboy807 said:

Like I say don’t want to put you of I love my a400 don’t really do clays but at bisley cycles 2 3/4 easy 

but lains 2 1/2 don’t want to know 

more than happy to arrange a meet there one day and you can try mine and see etc but only took it once there 

Hi thanks that would be great. Maybe in a few weeks when things quieten down we could arrange something.

On 31/03/2021 at 06:18, farmboy807 said:

Just a thought,when cleaning your A400 do you pay special attention to the gas ports on the barrel,making sure they're not carboned up?,also,do you make sure the gap on the piston ring is positioned at the bottom of the piston when reassembling it?,sometimes small details like that can make a big difference to performance.

26 minutes ago, 51/50 said:

Just a thought,when cleaning your A400 do you pay special attention to the gas ports on the barrel,making sure they're not carboned up?,also,do you make sure the gap on the piston ring is positioned at the bottom of the piston when reassembling it?,sometimes small details like that can make a big difference to performance.

I always give it a good clean but with the piston part will have to look at this