Looking for a .243

mr who?

Gents, I'm just waiting on my FAC to be returned to me with a opened slot for a .243 and mod.

I do in fact have a short (Ha! Short he say's!) list of rifles I'm currently looking at, all new. But am open to a well looked after second hand set up. The only things that are pretty much carved in stone are that it must be bolt action and screw cut, other than that I'm pretty much open to anything , any material and style of stock, blued or stainless, any maker but not in a rush to own another Remington 700 of Tikka T3 as I still have both.

I have a rather nice scope and mounts ear marked for this rifle , but would be willing to consider a whole package IE rifle, mounts, scope, mod etc... If the right set up comes along.

Budget? Really looking to spend about £400ish, but of course can always go a bit higher for the right gun. I'm in Portsmouth, but can travel, say 100 miles, to buy FTF, or can pay for transfer my end.

Many thanks for reading, all the very best guys.

Andy.

£400 for the gun alone? 
or £400 for the gun and sound moderator? 
or gun, sound moderator and scope? 

Considering your looking at buying new alternatively what would a new setup cost you? £1,000+ min? Easily doubt that if you want a tidy scope.

Just thinking you might be selling yourself a bit short in the SH market but could still pick up a cracking setup and save a few quid 👍🏻

Edited by Lloyd90

27 minutes ago, cragman said:

My recent 243 purchase cost around £2600, rifle, scope, mounts, bipod, mod, bag, sling and ammo 👍🏻

Well done you mate, most helpful .

29 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

For that price I would be looking for a Parker Hale

you can never go far wrong with a Parker Hale

Cheers VG.

30 minutes ago, cragman said:

My recent 243 purchase cost around £2600, rifle, scope, mounts, bipod, mod, bag, sling and ammo 👍🏻

My Tikka T3 has about £3k spent on it, so now what? 

• 1 month later...