Air Arms S510

bev6345

Not much point checking accuracy at 15 yards, 50 yards should be the benchmark, the later S510's have a differenbt gauge to the one shown - they do not register correct pressure for around a minute after filling, try holding the gun at 45 degrees upwards and fire/cycle a mag, chances are that a pellet will fall backwards on indexing and jam the action.

2 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Not much point checking accuracy at 15 yards, 50 yards should be the benchmark, the later S510's have a differenbt gauge to the one shown - they do not register correct pressure for around a minute after filling, try holding the gun at 45 degrees upwards and fire/cycle a mag, chances are that a pellet will fall backwards on indexing and jam the action.

15 yards is the limit of my garden sorry, but it will separate the good from the bad. anything too far will add more variable into the test such as wind and make it less about the gun.

not sure about the fill gauge, this is new model straight out of the factory and I didn't fill it

also not sure about the 45 degrees causing a jam, im more of a full bore shooter and pointing a gun up while you load it will get you a telling off from the RO or kicked off the range, so not something i'm in the habit of doing even with air guns.

If any gun will not group at 15 yards you should take it back, it is not a test of accuracy that is worthy of reporting. Mine jammed twice the first week that I owned it, following a Squirrel through the branches  and I have spoken to AA about it. The gauges on the US range new guns has been updated, several forums have reports of such and potential owners should be warned not to use the onboard gauge when filling the gun. Clangerman, what calibre is yours?

35 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

If any gun will not group at 15 yards you should take it back, it is not a test of accuracy that is worthy of reporting. Mine jammed twice the first week that I owned it, following a Squirrel through the branches  and I have spoken to AA about it. The gauges on the US range new guns has been updated, several forums have reports of such and potential owners should be warned not to use the onboard gauge when filling the gun. Clangerman, what calibre is yours?

mines a .22 brother has a s200 that used to jam but that turned out to be the pellets switched from accupels to jsb fine since