3M Peltor EEP-100 Electronic ear plug kit

Old Boggy

Has anyone any knowledge or experience of the above ear plugs. I’ve seen them advertised for £154 which seems very competitive if they are any good when compared with Cens etc. 
Thanks for any comments.

OB

16 hours ago, chilly1981 said:

I’ve got a set only used them a few times  out on the pigeons and they seem fine to me can hear fine  only thing I did notice is on a roost shoot the wind noise was quite high but you can buy foam to cover the mic to cut this out 

I normally wear peltor commtac xpi’s for my shooting but have these so I can stick a wolly hat on better in winter 

Many thanks for your reply. Might give them a go, although some would say it’s a lost cause with my amount of deafness. Should have worn some form of ear defenders a lot earlier in my shooting life. No doubt many on here in a similar situation. Just cannot get on with ‘can’ type and currently use Napier Pro 9, but they cut out all sound so no good in company.

OB

Following Fizz’s recommendation I gave them a try and I must admit the first time I used them they felt a bit weird and made my ears soar but I think that was me fiddling around with them.

I’ve been out with them three times now and now I have got the hang of getting them in properly they are very comfortable and I generally forget that I have them in.

I have also been very pleased with the performance as the three levels are enough for what I need out in the field or at the clay ground. I was shooting near a footpath and I could easily hear if any walkers were approaching before they knew I was there.

Considering they are less than half the price of the cheapest CENS and have better NRR to me it’s a no-brainier and I would definitely recommend you try them 👍🏻

23 hours ago, fizzbangwhallop said:

I use them..... very good....bit more blurb in here and links to earshot for the plugs and to the cens mino tips I use with them in preference to the supplied ones. 👍

Cheers

fizz

P.s. thanks for the recommendation Fizz 👍🏻

• 1 month later...
On 01/04/2021 at 15:51, Old Boggy said:

Has anyone any knowledge or experience of the above ear plugs. I’ve seen them advertised for £154 which seems very competitive if they are any good when compared with Cens etc. 
Thanks for any comments.

OB

Hi, can I ask where you made your purchase for these, I'm thinking of getting some.

Thanks

On 31/05/2021 at 14:01, markm said:

Just wondering how you (or any new owners) have got on with these. 

Sorry for the late reply. I have yet to give them a decent try as my pigeon shooting recently has been virtually non existent. However, hopefully once the cutting of a field of triticale (for biofuel) commences near me shortly, I will be able to shoot a few pigeons and give the ear defenders a try. They do seem to be a very good product.

11 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Hi, can I ask where you made your purchase for these, I'm thinking of getting some.

Thanks

There appears to be quite a variance in price, but I found the cheapest, with a good service to be -:

Best4Systems

Unit B Eastling Business Estate

Eastling Close

Worthing

West Sussex

BN14 8HQ

Tel.No. 0844 8246664

Hope this helps.

OB

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

Sorry for the late reply. I have yet to give them a decent try as my pigeon shooting recently has been virtually non existent. However, hopefully once the cutting of a field of triticale (for biofuel) commences near me shortly, I will be able to shoot a few pigeons and give the ear defenders a try. They do seem to be a very good product.

There appears to be quite a variance in price, but I found the cheapest, with a good service to be -:

Best4Systems

Unit B Eastling Business Estate

Eastling Close

Worthing

West Sussex

BN14 8HQ

Tel.No. 0844 8246664

Hope this helps.

OB

Are these the green ones? as I bought a set from Best4Systems a while back. they are very good the three sound levels really bring out the background sounds which is great for rough shooting. also they seem to be a lot better than my Howard lights for dealing with wind. You do have to make sure they are switched off as there is no auto switch off as with others but then they don't take long to charge. I leave the charging lead in the storage case as I think with most rechargeable things the socket will wear and render it useless over time. All in all I think they are great and would recommend them for anyone looking for a budget ear protection.