Best Sandwiches for Pigeon Shooting

Pangolin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt feeding pigeons with sandwiches would come under the terms and conditions of the new G L :hmm:, as for your own needs I take whatever is lurking about , normally fruit and a bottle of drink on a warm/hot day ,or a flask of coffee on a cold day , if I am only going for a couple of hours in the afternoon then I take nothing as it spoil my tea when I get back home and that might reduce my brownie points issued from the unpaid cook :lol:.

9 minutes ago, marsh man said:

I doubt feeding pigeons with sandwiches would come under the terms and conditions of the new G L , as for your own needs I take whatever is lurking about , normally fruit and a bottle of drink on a warm/hot day ,or a flask of coffee on a cold day , if I am only going for a couple of hours in the afternoon then I take nothing as it spoil my tea when I get back home and that might reduce my brownie points issued from the unpaid cook .

Ive had a nose in the fridge, seems its going to be a couple of savoury duck and some egg butties.

4 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Living in a noisy town I do like to make the most of a day out in the countryside, 👍

Indeed.

26 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

Left over roast dinner stuffing or just added hot water to the mix and spread it stuffing?

left over stuffing ...........it has had time to mature..............and sometimes if i have a bit of redcurrant jetty on it as well...........

28 minutes ago, JDog said:

The best sandwiches are the ones you take home uneaten due to frenzied activity in the shooting field.

JT91 (nine posts above) used to bring me very good pork pies but not any more.

It was short notice last time we were out. If I’m lucky enough to get another invite I will be sure to bring plenty of pork pies 

3 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

There’s 2 empty cartridges, where’s the other pigeon? 😂. Congratulations, it’s brilliant to see them coming into a pattern you’ve put out isn’t it.

Not enough lead on the first shot, got him on the 2nd.

Pleased the pattern worked.