Best Sandwiches for Pigeon Shooting

Pangolin

4 hours ago, ninjaferret said:

Best sandwiches by far, cheese and strawberry jam. Don't knock it til you've tried it.

+1

Also peanut butter and jam.

But if I do take anything its whatever is left over or if I have to buy, pork pie(s).

Always take 2 army water bottles of water, rarely bother with a flask. If its below freezing a Kelly kettle and tea bags.

I keep some boil in the bag 💩 in the car for emergencies.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stokes do jars of red onion marmalade and believe me it goes very well indeed with most meats but cold sliced muntjac haunch and red onion marmalade takes some beating and I normally do this between split muffins which are easier to put down quickly if needs be.   There again I have discovered a local sausage maker who produces some Brazilian flavour sausages and any cold left over get sliced and chopped and put in sandwiches for any explorations where I will be away for the day.  You can smell'em a mile away.

Edited by Walker570

20 minutes ago, amateur said:

Presumably artisan sourdough, not Mothers Pride

Of course, and the dough must be rolled between the thighs of a virgin…..but they are getting bloody hard to find now, think I will just stick to my cheese and onion sarnie. :)

5 hours ago, Pangolin said:

My first ever decoyed pigeon!! Only one so far but my first. About 58yrds with Hull High Pheasant Extreme 32g No5, half choke.

Must have been the egg sandwiches.

20210402_131634.jpg

Was trying to work out what gun that was, is that a case hardening effect on it? I handled something like that at a show once, think it was a webley or something 

6 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

Was trying to work out what gun that was, is that a case hardening effect on it? I handled something like that at a show once, think it was a webley or something 

Yildiz wildfowler extreme. I think I saw him put up some pictures of it somewhere on here.

On 02/04/2021 at 16:26, old'un said:

Bread buttered and spread with a light dressing of Guldenstaedtii caviar and topped with fortnum and mason smoked salmon.

While I see where your coming from I think you got 2 things wrong here. 1st The OP was looking for pigeoning sarnies and while yours sound nice for afternoon tea I don't think they are for pigeoning. 2nd thing I think you got wrong is your combo; Caviar is served best IMHO on a baked spud with sour cream, chives with a decent brand of frozen vodka shot on the side.

Just saying my friend

1 hour ago, mgsontour said:

Great, there is a pork pie thread going on here too. . . . so where is the best pie shop in the Toon or outskirts for that matter ( it used to be on Chiili rd, Heaton but I've moved so things might have changed?

Yagers butchers consett and they do the best hot dipped pork sandwiches asweell. Chilli Rd, jesus even the rats wear oweralls, ower there.

14 minutes ago, ninjaferret said:

Yagers butchers consett and they do the best hot dipped pork sandwiches asweell. Chilli Rd, jesus even the rats wear oweralls, ower there.

I'm in Lancs ( not a million miles away ) and not one decent pork shop anywhere, Morrisons do a saveloy but they are ropey and certainly no tops dipped but I was amazed with the cheese and jam sarnie

On 02/04/2021 at 10:23, bruno22rf said:

Corned Beef with beetroot and salad cream, food of the gods.

Indeed, lovely combo.

On 02/04/2021 at 11:24, ninjaferret said:

Best sandwiches by far, cheese and strawberry jam. Don't knock it til you've tried it.

Yep, savoury and sweet.

I like cruncy peanut butter with sea salt, honey and banana on a butty. Great food before a gym session.

4 hours ago, mgsontour said:

I'm in Lancs ( not a million miles away ) and not one decent pork shop anywhere, Morrisons do a saveloy but they are ropey and certainly no tops dipped but I was amazed with the cheese and jam sarnie

I'll send you some . lol . Aye first time i tried cheese and jam, it was a new years day i was 17 still p=--"" and we went to one of the land owners houses to wish him all the best, and of course he gave me a large whisky :sick: After my mate and me went shooting pigeons, he gave me a couple of his sandwiches and been addicted to them ever since. Oh and i should say i never shot a thing, i had my back to a tree and went to sleep, when i woke up it was snowing like hell and time for home....:yahoo:

Edited by ninjaferret

• 2 weeks later...