Metal garden storage.

Chris B123

I am looking for some decent garden storage, I want two units about 7 ft X 4 ft. Asgard do the very thing I am looking for, but there is a 12to 14 week waiting list.                                             Does anyone know a company that produces something of the same quality, but is available from stock. Thanks Chris.

ive been looking at steel sheds recently...........definatley the way to go...and they can be lined out with ply or chipboard.............had a look at the asgard sheds ....they seem quite expensive...............there are loads of other steel shed available.....even wood look steel sheds with double doors etc............

I have 2 metal sheds, most things end up completly soaked due to condensation, lined them with polystyrene tiles but they just fall off as I think the metal expands and contracts so much. Kept my motorbike in one,one winter and it came out looking like it had been in a bath for months, now kept in a wooden shed....no probs.

I bought one on special offer thinking my bro would help me erect it.

Christ, what a bloody job that was. A lot of pre drilled holes were awkward to line up and would have been impossible single handed.

I lined it with 1" polystyrene and quarter inch wbp plywood.  Not straight forward because it lacked fixing points.  The first bit of rain and the roof leaked.  I had to clamber up a ladder and partly crawl up the roof to nip up some of the screws.

The whole thing is very insecure only held together with self tappers and door locking is plastic hasps for added padlock.

Roof  is very low so I erected it on 2 courses of brick that then left a trip hazard at the threshold.

I wouldn't mind so much but, I am quite handy and well equipped for carpentry.

To the OP,   I suggest you get a cheap chopsaw, 1 kg 4" nails, 1kg 2 1/2" galv nails , a pile 3x2 and featheredge boards and build your own.

Bryan3, I know the sort of sheds you mean, that is why I was looking at Asgard, my mate has a Asgard bike shed and its built like a tank. As Ditchman said, not cheap but you could stand on top and jump up and down and it wouldn't move, Just a shame there is such a long waiting list.

15 hours ago, Tancho said:

Have a look at these guys, flat-pack containers. I have 2 of these, easy to build, great quality and very secure. Plus easy to move and second hand prices are nearly as much as new ones. 

https://expandastore.co.uk

Hello, they look very good and well constructed, 

15 hours ago, Tancho said:

Have a look at these guys, flat-pack containers. I have 2 of these, easy to build, great quality and very secure. Plus easy to move and second hand prices are nearly as much as new ones. 

https://expandastore.co.uk

They look brilliant,  just a bit expensive, but I suppose it all depends what you want to use it for.

I was given one of those cheap flimsy 6x4 tin sheds a few years ago . My mate had used it as a wood store for a couple of years , and said that it was just rubbish . I took it apart at his house and it seemed to be made of tin foil 😕. I brought it home , sat it on a couple of pallets with an Osb floor , and put it together CORRECTLY , and it's been a fantastic fishing tackle store for years. It never gets wet or damp,  but it's not up to much when it comes to security. 👍.

I bought a 10x4 from Yardmaster last year, odd size I know but its to go down the side of the house to put garden furniture and paint pots etc just freeing up space in main shed, put down on paving slabs.

Very flimsy when in bits but it braces against itself well, security is poor but that is not an issue for me, as said not the tallest of sheds(174cm). Putting together was OK just takes time as a lot of screws to put in, needs two people when putting the sides/roof together.

For the money(£260) you cant go wrong as you have no treatment or maintenance to do on it.

Yardmaster 10x4