Heads up

yates

Quick word of warning. Just had to remove three ticks from my yellow lab. Luckily we saw them before them before they attached themselves. Seems very early in the year for ticks, I don’t usually treat my dogs until later in the year. 

It is that time of the year. Never forget going to Somerset in first week of April,  stalking and called in at a local pub with my friend for some lunch. He was wearing breeks and longs socks. He said he felt something on his leg and pulled his sock down.  He had about a dozen drilling their way into his skin.  Scraped 'em off with his knife blade. HHHhhUUUUUUUGHH!!!

Hate the darn things. 

58 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Yep had one on my young dog two weeks ago. Very early, let’s blame COVID!

Its been scientifically proven that there is a connection with the AstraZeneca vaccine, so your not far wrong. 

Our 2 labs have refused to have there jab. 

A friend called me this morning he went stalking on Friday and found some on his dog and after whiping those off he went for a mooch local first thing this morning with his other dog and then found a couple on him but the weird thing is it's rare to find ticks on dogs were he lives you just don't get any bother but things must be changing not sure if it's climate change of what but they certainly see to be getting more abundant

I have no knowledge whatsoever of the life cycle of ticks but having stalked some property in Somerset for a number of years we had some years when they would be prolific and others where it was rare to find one on a deer.    I think it may be they go in cycles like a lot of nature.  In our small bit of property some years we have barrow loads of frog spawn and it is difficult to walk a ride without stepping on a tiny frog and then a year with nothing. It may be the same with ticks.