Lead Free Announcement

Tonka54

3 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Oops, I didn't know that and used to shoot Park Lodge regularly before lockdown 1.

Not been since they introduced booking times, I'm retired and said I'd never work to a clock again.

I’ve only been a few times since they started the booking system and always go midweek. The times aren’t really enforced. I booked an hour the other day but was there closer to two. On a busy weekend it may be different.

1 minute ago, JTaylor91 said:

I’ve only been a few times since they started the booking system and always go midweek. The times aren’t really enforced. I booked an hour the other day but was there closer to two. On a busy weekend it may be different.

I've never been on a weekend so can't comment. When I used to go mid week I never felt rushed and the guy who runs it came out with me one day to test some new traps, let me shoot on his card till he got the traps right. He was setting up some ultra difficult stuff and let me and my son fire maybe 25 each till he got the balance. Wasn't favouritism, we were the only persons on the ground at the time.

It's a great place, I keep promising my wife a spa day there, maybe this year🙄

I've been using Pinewood since the time slots. It's also .08p per clay cheaper.

12 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

I've never been on a weekend so can't comment. When I used to go mid week I never felt rushed and the guy who runs it came out with me one day to test some new traps, let me shoot on his card till he got the traps right. He was setting up some ultra difficult stuff and let me and my son fire maybe 25 each till he got the balance. Wasn't favouritism, we were the only persons on the ground at the time.

It's a great place, I keep promising my wife a spa day there, maybe this year🙄

I've been using Pinewood since the time slots. It's also .08p per clay cheaper.

The snooker used to be fun but they don’t have it anymore. I got a membership so get charged 28p a clay. It was worth it the amount I used to go but probably won’t renew, it’s already expired but nobody has ever mentioned it to me. Keep meaning to get over to pinewood, never been.

2 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

The snooker used to be fun but they don’t have it anymore. I got a membership so get charged 28p a clay. It was worth it the amount I used to go but probably won’t renew, it’s already expired but nobody has ever mentioned it to me. Keep meaning to get over to pinewood, never been.

Pinewood now has a cafe again and is charging .30p a clay. Lots of stands and they do alter them between visits so it's never the same. I last went on 31st March with my son and son in law. Shot around 300 each, so was there a good time. Not busy, just comfortable with numbers.

A major issue for timber (hardwood) - growers, suppliers and manufacturers  is that the wood value is compromised if it contains steel inclusions. In carpentry/joinery  when the wood is milled through a planer with blades which cost £ 1000s  - the risk of wrecked blades when it chews a piece of buried steel makes the owner of the machine very particular about his wood source and quality.

Just now, scarecrow243 said:

the guy said he thought it was a type of alloy mix and tin he has some recovered heads

Thanks. I recall someone developing a copper coating for lead shot many moons ago, which was extremely hard to abrade, but it didn’t get anywhere due to the fact it was still lead. 🤷‍♂️

I have been told of one ground that as an estimated value of about £250K in recoverable lead that has been blasted into it over the years. The owner is fully aware and sees it has his retirement nest egg. Steel is banned on the ground but some suggest it's nothing to do with safety , it's because steel is non pensionable.

On 03/04/2021 at 14:55, matone said:

There was recently a most interesting podcast on the GunsonPegs site where they talked to a chap from Gamebore about this very subject.More than worth listening to for anyone interested  in finding out the TRUE situation that we have been put in by our supposed defenders!!!!!

I thought he talked a fair bit of ****!