SKB Chokes

Tonka54

Wanted for SKB 500 Sporter (Circa 1975 to 1985) ((late Ithaca or early Mitsui model)) Japanese.

Flush fitting chokes required, 1/4 and 1/2 needed but will consider a full set if necessary, prefer original SKB but will consider any that will fit  

13 minutes ago, roughshooter said:

As I recall standard Winchoke, Invector or Mossberg will fit

Thanks for the info Roughshooter, good to have it confirmed that Mossberg will fit. I did not Know about winchoke or invector though, I will ask at the shop at Orston to see what they have in the way of used chokes unless anybody has a set for sale.

Edited by Tonka54
added comment

23 hours ago, Tonka54 said:

Thanks for the info Roughshooter, good to have it confirmed that Mossberg will fit. I did not Know about winchoke or invector though, I will ask at the shop at Orston to see what they have in the way of used chokes unless anybody has a set for sale.

Winchoke, browning Invector and Mossberg accu choke are all one and the same. A lot of the Turkish guns also use the same choke. If you have a look at Gemini chokes homepage then it gives all the details. I just ordered a new Gemini full choke for my Mossberg which I bought from Continental shooting supplies who are a stockist which is probably the way to go now that we are not in EU

10 hours ago, Mulligan said:

I still have two briley extended chokes which I bought for an skb trap gun I used to own. 

I am not sure if they are different for the competition guns, think mine was an 8xx series gun

Yes they are different to mine unfortunately, I need the flush chokes that I think are 38mm bottom threaded. I have had a word with Orston g/c and I think they may have some used one's that will fit, but thanks for taking the trouble anyway Mulligan.